Engineer, Site Reliability
You’re an experienced technologist. You spent 4 years working on multiple projects in SaaS companies in the world of systems administration, systems engineering or software development with at least 2 years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps.
You know the cloud. You’ve participated in the design or maintenance of highly available, cloud-based infrastructure in AWS or another cloud offering. You understand how to leverage infrastructure as code tools and have learned best practices for reliability and observability. We use tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, Redis, GitLab, and Datadog, among others.
You can code. You have experience with languages like Python or Go to create automated tools. You believe in hands-off deployments and infrastructure as code. Well-honed expertise with the fundamentals of software development goes a long way here.
You can solve complex systems challenges. You enjoy complex challenges, understand how to improve performance, and help uncover opportunities for improvement. You’ve worked on problems where “just throw more hardware at it” isn’t enough for the system to scale.
You’re a great communicator. Not only do you know how to share your knowledge with the team and document things well so they can be consumed asynchronously (we do this a lot as a remote company), but you know how to communicate effectively with software and support teams.
You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we collaborate and how we think about our customers. In our remote setting, they help develop trust and ensure we work and collaborate together to democratize automation. You see how these values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing and excited to be part of the team.
Things We’ve Done Recently
- Develop new methods for retaining task history
- Migrating applications and services from EC2 to Kubernetes
- Write custom Kubernetes controllers to improve resilience
- Create deployment pipelines in GitLab and ArgoCD
- Develop autoscaling strategies to handle bursts in workloads
- Implementing OPA to enforce policies across our Kubernetes Clusters
- Deploying ProxySQL for pooling connections against MySQL databases
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!Zapier offers:
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.