Prospa is looking to hire a talented Engineering Manager to join our team. As a technical expert, you’ll not only provide technical oversight and leadership to major projects but also act as a functional manager.
What do you need to do to be considered successful?
Your role will include optimizing and reviewing the performance of teams, with an aim to increase the quality of engineering as a functional leader. You will have close involvement with our hiring process in a bid to effectively scale their engineering teams. You will also:
- Inspire, lead, shape, and grow a software engineering team.
- Manage and drive procurement for third-party products that your team depends on.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in own and partner teams.
- Prioritize and optimize for the highest speed in execution.
- Take calculated risks, collaborate with different stakeholders and clearly communicate short and long-term consequences.
- Continuously develop relationships with product, engineering and key stakeholders across teams and domains.
- Influence and drive software design and architecture.
How Important are you to the bottom line?
You will own the product and solution architecture with a key focus on quality control and code optimization. You will champion and influence best practices, and help ensure these are followed across the company.
The biggest problem-solving duties on the Job
You will have to bring your leadership mettle and inspire engineers across different teams to consistently deliver excellent work that aligns with business and user needs. You will have the exciting opportunity of making strategic decisions that affect the growth of the product and development team in the long and short terms.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar.
- Experience building and leading a significant software engineering team(s) within a scaling organization.
- Strong software architecture skills
- Experience building and scaling high achieving engineering teams
- Big picture thinking – correctly diagnosing problems and building innovative solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner closely with Product Owners and Business Heads.
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.