We’re looking for a talented Engineering Manager to lead our backend team that is focused on the user on-boarding experience. Engineering at Sendwave has stayed small throughout the company’s growth and we’ve been able to keep things relatively loosely organized. We’re getting ready to tackle more challenges more quickly- simultaneously launching multiple new markets and reinvesting in our user-facing product. To achieve this we need to think about the best way to carry users through all of the steps on account creation, support and compliance that needs to happen when a user is signing up to move money across borders. You’ll be responsible for both technical direction, hands on coding and mentorship of the engineers on the product team responsible for achieving this goal.
About the team:
- Engineering at Sendwave is split between 6 teams (Finance, Risk, Growth and Engagement, Delivery, Policy and Identity, and our Platform team). We’re about 30 engineers
- The team maintains workflows in our backend Python stack which consists of exposed APIs, 3rd party vendor integrations and plugins for Zendesk used by our support staff.
- Engineers at Sendwave work with Product to support all of our other teams including our Customer Service, Growth, Finance, and many more areas of the company.
- 2-4 years of experience leading a team of at least 3 high performing individual contributors ideally while at an organization undergoing rapid user growth, a faster pace of product development and increasing technical complexity.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- We have a bias toward smaller (4 + manager), focused teams with leads that are hands on. This means our Engineering managers still write code (hopefully) a majority of the time.
- Solid understanding of server tools and concepts (databases, performance testing in general but especially web). Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, Heroku etc…)
- Demonstrated experience articulating longer term technical vision and making tradeoffs on technical/architectural decisions vs delivering immediate user value.
- A willingness to travel 4 weeks/year
- Have been a part of a rapidly growing engineering organization and have experienced (and hopefully helped to solve!) the challenges that come with growth.
- Have experience building, working with and supporting diverse teams
- Have Fintech experience.
- Our company is 100% remote. We are able to employ people based in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Netherland, Poland, Germany, Belgium, Kenya and Senegal. We will, however, consider full-time contractors in countries not listed.
- This is a permanent position
- Compensation: Worldwide: $147,000 – $156,800 | US: $184,000 – $196,000
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
To apply for this job please click on -> bit.ly.