We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our team. As a technical expert, you will not only provide technical oversight and leadership to major projects but also act as a functional manager owning the product and solution architecture. The role will place a key focus on quality control and code optimization. You will champion and influence best practices and help ensure these are followed across the company.
What you’ll do
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering team
- Manage and drive procurement for third party products that your team depends on.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in own and partner teams
- Prioritise and optmise for the highest speed in execution
- Take calculated risks, collaborate with different stakeholders and clearly communicate short and long term consequences
- Continuously develop relationships with product, engineering and key stakeholders across teams and domains
- Influence and drive software design and architecture
- Experience building and leading a significant software engineering team(s) within a scaling organisation
- Strong software architecture skills
- Experience building and scaling high achieving engineering teams
- Big picture thinking – correctly diagnosing problems and building innovative solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner closely with Product Owners and Business Heads
Our style and culture
We’re looking for a winner who shares our vision. You’ll be joining Prospa because you genuinely believe the mission to empower African entrepreneurs is important and exciting.
You demand the best from yourself and make your teammates better. You celebrate success but never settle, you execute at speed while maintaining quality. You are humble and courageous.
You want to work with a community of people where you can learn fast, grow rapidly and be recognized for your work. At Prospa we don’t believe in micro-management, everyone is committed to success both personally and professionally. We give you the autonomy and ownership to solve problems and deliver
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.