Engineering Summer Placement
About the job
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
❗This role is suitable for those currently studying – unfortunately, if you have graduated from University or a Bootcamp, we won’t be able to proceed.🌍 Location – London or Sheffield (hybrid, 2-3 days a week at the office, the remaining days at home!)
One in five people in the UK rent their homes.
Goodlord’s mission? To provide them with the best renting experience in the world.
Goodlord digitalises the renting process for agents, landlords, and tenants. The platform streamlines everything from referencing right through to rent collection, making the process easier and more transparent for everyone.
We are looking for talented and motivated summer interns to help us improve this experience while gaining practical experience in a fast-paced, agile environment.
About Our Tech Stack
To process tenancies, estate agents use a web application built with React and TypeScript, with a backend built in PHP. This communicates with a number of third parties via different APIs and other internal services, via an Event driven architecture.
Referencing is built in its own services, where the communication between client and server is done via GraphQL and the backend is built in C#.
All of this infrastructure is deployed using Terraform and Docker into Kubernetes clusters in AWS and Azure.
Regardless of your area of focus, there will be opportunities for you to learn and work on other parts of the system.
How do we work?The engineering team consists of a number of squads working independently in different parts of the application but still supporting each other as a wider team. Each squad comprises a product manager, designer and a mix of frontend and backend engineers.
About The Role
“Since moving to the Tech team I have been constantly pushed and challenged to improve my ability and progress my career. From 1:1 mentoring with various more senior engineers, to personal development topics aimed at specific areas of my progression.”
- Chelsea Hilditch, Junior software engineer
Your day to day you will be…
- Implementing well scoped tasks and pairing with senior engineers
- Learning development best practices while working in a team environment
- Working on individual projects to demonstrate your skills and knowledge
- Participating in agile ceremonies such a, stand-ups, sizing and retrospectives
- Contributing to team meetings and helping propose solutions to problems
- Attending regular 1:1 coaching sessions to help you grow further
We need you to be…
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience writing code in one or more programming languages
- Familiarity with relational and/or no-SQL databases
- Open to learning new languages, technologies, and ways of working
- Passionate about software engineering and a desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- To be biased towards collaboration
Do you think you might be the right person?
Check out what an ideal engineer would be in Goodlord in this article:
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.