Job Title: Environmental Coordinator
- The Environmental Coordinator ensures implementation of the organization’s Environmental plan and procedures, trained personnel in the proper response to environmental impact, hazards and control measures.
- Ensure Compliance to Environmental laws and Regulations within the plant.
- Coordinates General housekeeping, waste disposal, and other environmental related KPI to improve performance and ensure sustainability.
RESPONSIBILITIES of an Environmental Coordinator
- Ensures that the plant meets her environmental statutory/legal requirements
- Ensures regular measurement of plant emissions and discharges, Monitor, Report and Propose measures to control deviation.
- Check that all primary corrective measures (calibration, seals, etc.) are implemented
- Collating Environmental parameters for monthly reporting and participating in Internal & External Audits
- Perform regular variance analyses on priority key environmental indicators and propose corrective actions
- Ensure that quarry exploitation standards and techniques are properly enforced
- Ensure that storage and handling of all hazardous materials are properly done
- Implement waste management plan with the means needed to minimize, recycle and treat waste generated by the plant
- To promote plant image as responsible to its environmental obligations.
- To liaise with process and quality department on Plant optimization
- To ensure environmental monitoring test equipments e.g. emission and noise equipments are always in good working condition and are regularly calibrated to assure accuracy.
- To initiate actions to prevent environmental non-compliance
- In conjunction with production manager or delegate, carry out regular inspections of water drainages in the plant and ensure corrective steps are taken in the event of blockages.
- Ensures healthy working conditions and safety at work for all plant personnel
- Ensure proper planning of work, resources and execution of tasks.
- Follow up on the implementation of Biodiversity Management Plan and Quarry Rehabilitation Plan.
- Organize Environment Awareness Program/Talks/Activities for the plant
- Champion and facilitate housekeeping initiatives in the plant.
- To write required environmental reports for local authorities i.e. ISO 14001 compliance, plant environmental reports, environmental compliance/ performance reports etc.
- To supervise environmental projects and coordinates ISO 14001 certification
- Other assigned duties.
- All Staff and Contractors.
- Suppliers/ Vendors
- Host Communities
- Regulatory Agencies
- List of Direct Report(s):
- Environment Manager
- Degree holder of Engineering Sciences and/or its equivalent
To apply for this job please visit careers.holcimgroup.com.