As the Executive Assistant to our CEO, you will provide high-level administrative support in a one-on-one working relationship.
We are looking for someone who is creative and has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Our ideal candidate should have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. We expect that you will have great people management skills as your role involves working with a lot of stakeholders both internally and externally.
We’re looking for an EA who can be flexible, proactive, and resourceful – even in the face of a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You thrive in navigating ambiguity, handling high-priority topics, and have a passion for being the glue that holds the team together.
About The Job
What you will be expected to do at Kora:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Acts as a “gatekeeper” and “gateway”, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with Senior Management.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Conserve the Executive’s time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Prepare and gather reports, memos, invoices letters, and document accordingly
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors and keep price data in order to get the best pricing on supplies and services
- Produce professional-quality reports, presentations and briefs
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions, and distribute them as needed
- Perform office duties which includes ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation
- Handle correspondence in and out of the CEO’s office and provide reports
- Handle other administrative and strategic functions that may be assigned.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability in building and managing relationships with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Strong track record in results and moving at a pace to meet the company’s scaling needs.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills – needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as good presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity
- Business sense – has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You are exceptionally driven and autonomous.
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, a sense of humour and a positive attitude.
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker and think of new ways to disrupt the status quo.
- Finally, you bring positive energy, are comfortable with change and can manage your own workload effectively.
- Health Insurance
- Sponsored and Tailored training
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Style
- Internet Allowance
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Pension Plan
- The opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team-building something great!
To apply for this job please click on -> www.linkedin.com.