Job Title: Facilities and Office Coordinator
Nomba is a fully licensed payment service provider in Nigeria that serves more than 300,000 businesses – from solo-preneurs to large organizations – with payment solutions to help them grow and thrive. Nomba provides point-of-sale terminals, management and banking tools and other tools that makes it easier for businesses to accept offline and online payments, manage sales and do business better.
Since launching in 2016 as “Kudi.ai”, a chatbot integration that responds to financial requests on social apps, Nomba has evolved over the years into a profitable, omnichannel payment service provider. The company supports more than 250 employees working together to power businesses with a wide range of payment solutions, as well as management and banking tools that enable better business processes and support business owners to be better at doing business. The company processes over $1 billion in monthly transactions, which represents a market leading gross transaction value (GTV) for a payment service provider in Africa.
About the role
We are in a very high growth stage and are looking for a highly exceptional Facilities and Office Coordinator to oversee the Facilities and Office Management (FOM) team and the day-to-day operations of offices and other company properties. The Facilities and Office Coordinator, ensures that our buildings are secure, welcoming, comfortable, environmentally friendly, and efficient.
What You Will Do
- Reduce reactive maintenance and anticipate and address maintenance and repair needs before they become major issues.
- Efficiently manage assets across the building and its equipment to ensure timely maintenance, repairs, and replacements.
- Maximize the lifespan of equipment, minimize downtime, and avoid unexpected breakdowns that can disrupt operations and incur costly emergency repairs.
- Optimize resources, streamline processes, reduce waste, and improve operational efficiency.
- Effectively manage systems and equipment, and ensure optimal performance.
- Understand the functioning, operation, and maintenance requirements of all assets across the building or facility.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues, including equipment failures or malfunctions.
- Evaluate the feasibility and benefits of adopting new systems or equipment.
- Comply with necessary regulations and safety codes to maintain a safe working environment for employees.
- Provide effective leadership to the FOM team members.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience
- Proactive Planning Skills – You stay ahead of potential issues, maximize the facility’s performance, and contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Excellent Communication Skills – You can interpret critical information and engage with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Attention to Detail – You have a keen eye for detail and can identify subtle signs of wear and tear, equipment malfunctions, or potential issues that may escalate if left unaddressed.
- Problem-Solving Skills – You will have the ability to quickly identify problems, assess the situation, and devise effective solutions.
- Technical Knowledge – You have a strong understanding of technical systems and processes to effectively manage facilities and staff within the FOM team.
Special Factors and scope
The role will be responsible for Nomba’s office sites in Lagos (Ikeja and Lekki), and other hubs across Nigeria. Travel to other parts of Nigeria may be required.
To apply for this job please visit nomba.talentlyft.com.