Website International Institute of Tropical Agriculture(IITA)
Finance & Administrative Assistant
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, on behalf of HarvestPlus, seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at its country office in Ibadan.
- Responsible for the preparation of Payment Requisition Memos and obtaining the necessary approvals before presenting them to the Finance Manager for payment.
- Responsible for collation of adequate transaction/activity supporting documents from staff, partners, vendors, and collaborators to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with sourcing for quotations and raising of LPOs for the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained.
- Book cash advances for staff and process the advance retirement accordingly (on Oracle Suite).
- Responsible for the coordination of travel logistics such as hotel reservations, flight tickets, and airport pickups among others.
- Maintains an up-to-date record of all inventories and regularly checks that these are secure and well maintained whilst keeping track of all receipts and issues.
- Responsible for all administrative functions to ensure smooth office operations and program implementation.
- Coordinate and collate Timesheets from all staff at the end of every month while maintaining excellent interpersonal relationships with vendors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that assets are received, registered in the assets register, and tagged, and ensure disposal of assets is carried out according to existing policies.
- Ensure an effective maintenance system for all office equipment, including photocopiers, computers and their networks, printers, etc.
- Support the coordination of internal and external or technical meetings, workshops, and seminars, including all travel and accommodations arrangements.
- Assist in supervising the drivers and making travel arrangements for staff while ensuring the availability of office stationery and equipment at all times.
- Periodically monitor vehicle logbooks concerning maintenance and fuel consumption.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
BSc/HND in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Have solid composition, grammar, and proofreading skills with the ability to compose routine correspondence; excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Demonstrate experience in accounting software, especially oracle ERP and other ERPs.
- Have high degree of attention to details and the ability to use personal initiative while seeking new and effective ways to achieve better results.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.