At Payourse, we’re passionate about accelerating access to crypto for Africans by providing tools that make it easier, faster and cheaper for businesses to build user-friendly crypto products. We are hiring a Finance Manager to join our team.
Before this, we built Coinprofile. Which is a major use case for our infrastructure, with thousands of transactions monthly.
Our mission is to make crypto more useful for Africans by making the tools and infrastructure we used to build Coinprofile, more readily available to other businesses that want to build on crypto.
We’re a crypto company. That means we live and breathe crypto. Everything we do is centred around crypto/web3/blockchain.
That means you have to live and breathe crypto too. Your experience in crypto must be extensive. You must understand the fundamentals of crypto. How it works, the space, etc. You don’t need to have worked for a crypto company. You just need to have experience using crypto either as a trader, investor, enthusiast or professional to qualify for this role. This is a requirement for the role and not optional.
- Ensuring any identified financial risks associated with operating in the industry space is mitigated accordingly
- Ensure effective communication with both staff and all stakeholders as the case may be, so as to provide any relevant information as it affects the company and staff members at large
- Promotes a supportive environment to enhance partnerships, leveraging resources, and build support for Payourse’s strategic initiatives
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions
- Upon request, prepare and submit expenditure and budget status reports
- Prepare other recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget/financial preparations and audit
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks as required
- In accordance with the Work Plan coordinate and contribute to the procurement of equipment, supplies, and services
- Prepare the procurement plans for the organisation
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and insurance as required
- Ensure compliance with organisation and government regulations
- Tax consultant
- Lagos State Inland Revenue Service
- Other government parastatals e.g ITF
KPIs to measure success.
- Compliance with all statutory obligations-filing of annual returns, statutory audit, Monthly PAYE returns, Monthly VAT returns, Periodic WHT returns
- Monthly management report generation
Key Skills & Competencies
- University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or another related field
- At least 4 years of previous experience in finance management, or consulting company is compulsory
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems
- Extensive knowledge of crypto is a must.
- Strong Communication and Writing skills – ability to articulate and explain complex regulations
- Ability to manage a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrates commitment to Payourse’s mission, vision, and values
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations, and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ensures that programmes and projects are consistent with Payourse values
- Treats peers fairly by maintaining consistent values inspiring trust and confidence through personal credibility
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of the outcome of his/her decisions
Culture & Perks
- Remote-Friendly: We are a remote-friendly team, and will hire incredible candidates from anywhere.
- Off-sites: We value in-person collaboration, so we plan to bring the entire team together at least once per quarter, off-site any where in world we can spend a few days together.
- Earn customer love: We are passionate about our customers and devoted to their success. We know that customer trust and confidence is earned, not given, with every interaction, every delivery, and every time we solve a customer problem.
- Ownership is the job: We think like owners. We embody expansive ownership and are big believers in our ability to drive outcomes and enact change.
What we offer
🚀 Early employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed company
💸 Competitive salary
📈 Stock options
🕛 Flexible time off policy
📖 Book/learning stipend
🏥 Medical Insurance
✈️ Team off-sites
💻 Whatever equipment you need to get your job done
🪙 Optional salary payments in crypto – Helps you avoid inflation
📡 Monthly internet budget to work from home
🤩 Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
We know your time is valuable, so we try to make the process as fast as possible. The time from when you apply, to when you get an offer takes about two weeks!
1️⃣ Apply – Try to make it easy for us to see how great you are.
2️⃣ Interview – Interviews are about finding a great match, for both sides.
3️⃣ Decision – If you like what you see, and we like what we hear, we’ll officially invite you to join the team. You’ll hear back from us within 48 hours.
To apply for this job please click on -> careers.payourse.com.