Job Title: Finance Supervisor
The job description below details the vital duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the individual who will filling the Finance Supervisor role
- Responsible for monthly accounting of the company payroll in accordance with the month-end timetable.
- Ensure reconciliations are completed on time and to a high standard. Reporting, escalation and resolution of items on a timely basis.
- Ensure proper filing of payroll documents that will ensure seamless provision of support documents when the need arises.
- Review and update procedures including adding controls and reporting into existing processes.
- Develop a thorough understanding of payroll components to ensure accounting is correct.
- Build excellent relationships, coordinating with payroll, finance operations and business partners to ensure all payroll risks, issues and queries are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ability to liaise with audit teams during the interim and year end audits, ensuring all audit queries are dealt with on a timely basis and with adequate support.
- Handle continuous contact with the operations team as well as Federal and State agencies.
- Offer technical assistance to operations staff.
- Addresses control and cash management issues and completes complex balance sheet accounting, including reconciling benefits, equity and tax payroll fees with payments to tax and other regulatory agencies.
- Give suggestions on modifications in payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all statutory deductions (including PAYE, pensions and WHT) are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
All roles within the finance department require working closely with other departments so you will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to successfully.
- Actively participate in weekly status meetings addressing any current issues.
- Help to drive future efficiencies and effectiveness by actively participating in Team meetings with an aim towards a unified goal of reducing close cycle times and improving quality assurance.
- Provide support to the wider group finance team where required, providing back-up and cover.
The role will require significant interaction across different departments and varied seniority levels, therefore an individual who can demonstrate previously flourishing in environments working both alongside and for a variety of different stakeholder groups will be at a significant advantage.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- ACCA/ACA/ICAN accountancy qualification.
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ideally at least 5 years’ experience in a start-to-finish, small to medium-sized payroll function;
- Navision experience advantageous.
- Ability to manually calculate tax and other payroll calculations as and when required.
- Understanding of the relevant tax laws applicable in Nigeria
- High level of competence in MS applications – especially Excel and Word
- Experience in report writing.
- Experience with pensions and auto-enrolment
- Analytical ability and Problem Solving. Able to understand complex situations, to identify underlying patterns or issues amongst data or between events and to generate effective solutions.
- Technical Expertise. Maintains strong technical skills in own area of expertise ensuring attention to detail. Keeps up to date with current best practice and partners with the business to leverage their expertise. Strives to deliver high quality and accurate results.
- Relationship Management. Builds trust and credibility amongst work colleagues and external contacts through treating people with honesty, integrity and respect. Works across departmental and business lines to achieve positive outcomes.
- Teamwork. Works collaboratively as part of a team to achieve the team’s goals. Provides or follows direction as appropriate and shares credit with fellow team members.
- Personal Organisation. Works systematically, manages own and others’ time and plans ahead to effectively accomplish work goals.
- Communication Skills. Expresses ideas effectively in both written and spoken communications. Presents thoughts clearly, logically and succinctly, choosing language suited to the needs of the audience. Asks clear, thoughtful questions to aid own and others’ understanding.
- Initiative. The aptitude to demonstrate a proactive approach in identifying smarter and effective solutions for agreed outcomes
To apply for this job please visit www.wtsenergy.com.