MAX is a team of passionate people building digital infrastructure to deliver the future of mobility in Africa and Emerging Markets. We attract people with conviction who are willing to bring new ideas and perspectives to a problem that affects everyone on the planet.
At MAX, you’ll have a unique opportunity to align your passion with a meaningful mission.
You will get a real opportunity to grow and make a real lasting impact on the lives of millions of
people, and help deliver access to safe, reliable, affordable and sustainable transportation.
We are Powering Africa’s Forward Movement, and this is being actualized through our
transformative Mission: Making mobility safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable through the
deployment of high-performance technology and operators.
We are building the largest vehicle financing and financial services platform for commercial drivers and transport operators across Africa. Our proprietary technology is enabling Drivers with no banking history to access low to zero emission vehicles, insurance, digital wallets and eHailing services on a subscription basis. From 2019 to 2020, we scaled from 200 to more than 10,000 drivers and have raised more than $70m to achieve our mission. Our goal is to serve 14 million commercial drivers across Africa’s $250B mobility industry. In the short term, we are scaling our impact to 100,000 drivers across 10 cities in 3 countries.
In everything we do, we uphold these 5 values without compromise;
✔ Transparency: We’re taking everyone along for the ride.
✔ Integrity: We stand by our word to remain consistent with all parties, including you!
✔ Initiative: We prioritize ingenious ideas and nurture them which has brought us this far and
we’re not stopping now.
✔ Partnership: We always keep the welcome mat rolled out on MAX Land; everyone is
✔ Safety: Safety to us at MAX means taking all road safety precautions, telling others about
safety so that mobility is safe and comfortable for all.
✔ Financial Inclusion: We fill a critical funding gap for informal operators in Africa by
arranging credit to drivers and micro-entrepreneurs who have few credible options.
✔ Economic Empowerment: We have onboarded +15000 drivers onto our platform with
thousands more in the pipeline in a bid to fulfill the transportation needs in Africa.
✔ Sustainable Job Creation: We are creating direct and indirect jobs through
income-generating assets, technology, and continuous skill development training.
✔ Transport Infrastructure: Our drivers are professionals and can guarantee high quality of
service and safety to passengers.
✔ Environmental Sustainability: We are deploying electric vehicles, charging infrastructure,
and battery swapping stations to propel the transition to clean mobility.
Our Investors and Strategic Partners:
MAX has raised $70m+ in funding to date, from strategic and financial investors including Lightrock (member of the LGT Group), Global Ventures, Yamaha, Mastercard, Shell Foundation, Novastar, Goodwell Investments, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Techstars, and DLM Capital.
Its Series B
first-close of $31m was delivered in December 2021 after which the company announced plans to scale Vehicle Subscriptions, Fintech Products, and Electric Vehicles (EVs) across Africa. Max expects that 31% of its fleet will be made up of EVs by 2024 and 69% by 2026.
MAX is raising $100m+ within the next 12 months to permanently transform mobility across Africa.
- Maintain records of all vehicles within city jurisdiction and maintain records of their status at all times
- Ensure that records admitted in VAMS (Our Home grown Computerized maintenance management system) are without errors and reliable.
- Collaborate with the Driver Operations team to monitor vehicles to ensure that inactive vehicles in your domain do not exceed 2% at any point in time.
- Maintain a record of daily activations in your jurisdiction.
- Ensure that every vehicle that enters the facility is checked in and also checked out when they leave the facility.
- Setup of newly procured vehicles within a defined frame and budget
- Coordination of vehicle documentation process to complete the setup loop
- Oversee that all vehicles which are activation ready are activated timely
- Upload vehicle information into VAMS accurately
- Ensure that all vehicles scheduled for maintenance are checked into the premises and on VAMS
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle maintenance and servicing
- Coordinate with Authorized Service Workshops in his jurisdiction to ensure that service records are entered into VAMS
- Liaises with OEMs to ensure Warranty issues are tracked and closed out
- Follow up and ensure that insurance claims are closed out within the allocated time and ensure vehicles are restored to service
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws related to the repair of vehicles and equipment use and care
- Responsible for maintenance of all operational vehicles in jurisdiction (These include vehicles used by verification, retrievals teams etc.)
- Ensure that vehicles deactivated or churned are immediately assessed and planned for refurbishment
- Follow up to ensure that churned vehicles are re-certified within the period set up in the SOP.
- Work with the growth team to ensure that recertified vehicles are activated timely with zero refurbishment returns
- Ensure every vehicle is tracked and reporting live location on the IoT Platform. Work with recovery teams to ensure that every defaulting vehicle is returned to the yard
- Escalate issues with vehicle security to management and follow up for prompt resolution.
- Manage subordinates’ teams to boost morale and drive collaboration between the teams.
- Responsible for managing the performance of direct reports to drive accountability
- Create strategies to reduce cost, increase profits and improve efficiency.
- Create a budget for the team and present to the management for proper analysis and approval
- Efficiently manage disbursed petty cash to ensure accountability.
- Oversee inventory to ensure that spare parts are judiciously used for the purpose for which they are procured.
- Strong interpersonal and communication(written and oral) skills
- Good understanding of Inventory Control principles and practices
- Proficient in MS Office/Google Workspace
- Good understanding of fleet management
- Critical and Analytical thinking
- Accuracy and Attention to detail
- Confidentiality and Thoroughness
- Minimum of Bsc in any Engineering Discipline. Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 4 Years cognate experience as a Fleet Officer
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.