Website Yoko Co
Front End Developer
We’re searching for a front-end developer who can work their magic to help us build pixel-perfect sites from design references.
Why work at Yoko Co?
- Mission. We exclusively work with clients who make a positive impact on the world. This is a chance to build things that help create a better place for all of us.
- 4-Day Work Week. We treat our Mondays as flex days, meaning that you can take most of them off if you plan your work appropriately.
- Holiday Breaks. We’re closed for nearly a full week at Thanksgiving, and two weeks at the end of the year.
- Best Place to Work. For two years running, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and Washington Business Journal.
- High Performance, No Jerks Allowed. You’ll work with team members who top performers AND good people.
- Developer Growth. This role is for a junior to mid-level developer, and while there is some simpler work to be done, you’ll also get exposure to complex development projects and top software engineering practices. This is a great place to take your engineering skills to the next level.
We’re committed to having a positive impact, doing truly incredible work, and supporting the balance each member of the team needs to thrive. This is core to our DNA, and in every decision we make. If you share these values, you’ll find this an amazing place to contribute.
In this role, you’ll:
- Write clean, semantic, well-commented code.
- Deliver fully-functional layouts that accurately reflect design references and prototypes.
- Work on multiple projects at once, collaborating with other developers, designers, project managers, and strategists on a variety of engagements, large and small.
- Help expand our codebase and tools, contribute to strategy and planning, participate in code reviews, and grow alongside our development team.
- Utilize our WordPress stack and workflow to build websites based on design concepts, and help us continue to evolve and optimize these things for future projects. (In its current state, this stack includes a custom theme, plugins, popular WordPress tools – like ACF – and the Beaver Builder/Themer visual layout building tools.)
- Contribute to, and learn from, complex projects that incorporate technologies like React, Next.js, headless WordPress, and custom single sign-ons and advanced integrations.
You’ll do well if you have these skills:
- About 2 to 4 years of experience with WordPress website management and custom theme development
- An appreciation for page builder tools (like Beaver Builder), and using them in an intelligent way to empower clients and speed up workflow, while minimizing sacrifices
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills
- Functional knowledge of UI/UX best practices
- The ability, eye, and attention to detail to accurately translate design concepts into fully functional layouts.
To apply for this job please click on -> weworkremotely.com.
Front End Developer – WordPress at Yoko Co