- Develop features and improvements to the Raenest product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features within the Raenest product.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Help improve the overall experience of our product through improving the quality of the Frontend features both in your group and features that benefit other groups.
- Help identify areas of improvements in the code base, both specific to your group and outside your group (e.g. component library) and help contribute to make it better
- Learn, collaborate, and teach other Frontend Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry.
- Fix prioritized issues from the backlog. These are typically bugs listed in a Jira with an attached severity and priority label.
- Contribute to and follow our workflow process, alongside the rest of the Frontend Engineers.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have particular impact across your team.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Exert influence on the overall vision and long-range goals of your team. This could be technical and/or product focused.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to diagnose and prevent these problems
- Help define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers in your section to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers.
- Consistently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Experience with writing automated tests (e.g. Jest, Cypress)
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment.
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (e.g. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfort working in a highly agile software development process
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Share our values and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a FinTech startup
- Product company experience
- Experience working with a remote team
- Enterprise software company experience
- Developer platform/tool industry experience
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team
- Experience contributing to open-source software
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.
Frontend Engineer at RaenestShare with someone