Although this role is focused on frontend engineering, we interact with other software components using REST and other HTTP APIs — these are applications written in Go, PHP, and Python which drive pieces of the product interaction layer for users. We don’t expect you to be a jack-of-all-trades, but domain knowledge either with one of those other languages or with a micro service-driven architecture can be very beneficial.
Taken together with the frontend UIs we build, this suite of applications forms a key piece of our
cloud hosting and devops tooling product — if you’re especially interested in the devops and cloud solutions space, then we’re especially interested in you. Being comfortable tackling programming problems from the architecture level all the way down to proper code implementation is also important to us — though we are growing fast, the team is still small and engineers generally have a great deal of autonomy to implement features and drive the product forward. Your contribution matters.
It would be great if you:
- Have experience building React application
- that use Redux for state management
- Know how to build re-usable React components that implement custom design requirements and use styled-components to author the CSS
- Have working knowledge of automated testing tools for frontends such as Jest, Enzyme, and Nightwatch
- Have broad familiarity with the cloud hosting and “DevOps” domain and knowledge of the experience and requirements of e.g. our customer base
- Have experience making multiple web applications “play nicely” together and function together as an integrated product
- Have experience with user authentication & authorization flows as well as the other security & compliance requirements that are part of life for software accessible over the Internet
- Have worked on frontend accessibility development, e.g. WCAG requirements or related standards
- Have some familiarity with TypeScript
- Are familiar with frontend data visualization, libraries like D3.js, etc.This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
To apply for this job please click on -> platform.sh.