Full Stack Engineer (Elixir)
About the Role
We fundamentally believe that the best products are built when small, cross functional, autonomous teams are empowered to solve business problems as they see fit. You’ll be joining a pod which owns a particular area of the product and movement between product areas is encouraged and easy.
Our stack has two main components:
- A backend with a GraphQL API (for communicating with the Native App) and a web frontend built using Elixir and Phoenix Live View (the PETAL stack)
- A native mobile application built in React Native + Typescript
We think in terms of “T Shaped” developers. This means that while all of us have some ability across the “full stack”, most of us have one side of the stack (e.g. Elixir or React Native) we’re stronger on and spend the bulk of our time on. Typically when somebody starts working with us, they have strong experience with one side of the stack and then learn the other part on the job.
How we Work
We’re a small company with a strong preference for lightweight, asynchronous processes and within Product, we work in sprints with periodic retrospectives. Everything starts with our customers and our engineers (and wider Product team) work closely with Customer Success to ensure we’re building a product that fits our users needs. Our Product team principles give more of a flavour of how we like to work day-to-day.
Everybody’s different, but a lot of the following probably applies to you:
- You have some professional experience in Elixir
- You have a strong preference towards taking ownership, making sure you’re clear on what you’re doing and why and then communicating progress over awaiting instruction
- You’re excited about building beautiful user interfaces using Tailwind and Liveview
- You have a focus on “getting it shipped” and when given the choice between “complicated and shiny” vs “get something simple in front of a user”, you always choose the latter.
- You’re in a country which is GMT +/- 3 and fluent communicating both verbally and in writing in English
- You’re able to attend in-person company meetups 2-3 times per year, these will be around 4 days long and usually require flying both in and outside of Europe
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.