Website Affinity Art Gallery
Affinity Art Gallery is seeking an effective and efficient Gallery manager who will be responsible for the smooth running of the operations of the gallery. This role includes overseeing vital administrative tasks and work plans, facilitating and coordinating exhibitions and events, supporting and implementing marketing, communication, and development initiatives, and managing the Artist Development program. We are looking for someone with the right mix of art knowledge, business skills, and use of technology.
What you will be doing:
• Ensure the smooth running of the gallery administration, office, and programme support.
• Working with numerous suppliers, including, printers, and framers,
• Develop and maintain client lists and database management.
• Targeting sales and commercial opportunities – initiating and closing artwork sales
• Coordinating for business and client development – creating and maintaining client relationships with collectors, including private individuals, corporates, curators and interior designers.
• Identifying and generating new opportunities and revenue streams for the gallery
• Overseeing the gallery assistant when required.
• Sourcing works to add to the gallery’s collection.
• Assisting with the strategy, development, and delivery of the exhibition program, ensuring that it is commercially successful for the gallery and its artists.
• Development and management of relationships with exhibiting artists, particularly gallery-represented artists, as identified with the Director.
• Curating – assisting with artist selection, identifying potential new artists and new concepts for exhibitions and selecting artwork.
• Curation and management of public projects, including Art Fairs and institutions.
• Implementation of content strategy of the gallery’s platforms.
• Management of media relations, including drafting press releases and maintaining and developing relationships with all media contacts
• Overseeing the presentation and content of the gallery’s Artsy profile
• Overseeing all video content, including working with the Digital Assistant for in-house content, or liaison with video production companies when appropriate and within budget
• Liaising with designers of printed marketing materials, including exhibition catalogues, ensuring their quality and timely delivery.
• Development and implementation of the exhibition programme and the growth of the client database
• Develop and maintain a network of art market contacts in order to keep up to date with industry developments and art market trends.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure while maintaining
What you will bring:
• Must be professional, polished and articulate.
• BA required (MA preferred) in Art History.
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working for a commercial art gallery, auction house, museum, or related field.
• Business management experience is required.
• Must be able to effectively interact with and gain the confidence of clients, artists/artists’ studios, suppliers and staff.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Must demonstrate an ability to work well independently, as well as cooperatively, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Active interest and knowledge in the contemporary art industry.
• Comfortability working within industry-standard online platforms including content management systems (CMS), customer relationship managers (CRM) and productivity software.
• Keen eye for digital trends, emerging marketing strategies, and innate comprehension of the digital landscape.
• Strong social media skills including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
• Uncompromising attention to detail.
• Bi lingual in English and French.
If you are interested and qualified, kindly send an email to email@example.com using the subject ‘Gallery manager’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org