Golang Engineering Manager
Engineering is a craft, and at Perceptyx we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end-user experiences we are designing. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical best. We work together to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and scalability.
Who we’re looking for
- As an Engineering Manager, you are responsible for leading a group of engineers. You provide technology vision and leadership and cultivate a culture of ownership and accountability. This is a hands on manager role where you will spend roughly 50% of your time coding.
- You will anticipate future architectural requirements and identify changes needed to your function’s technology ecosystem. You will partner with product management, quality assurance and infrastructure teams to continuously evolve the platform. Your ability to establish and manage key partnerships will be important to your success and will be a key responsibility.
- You will actively participate in developing and executing on an engineering roadmap in order to increase business capabilities, improve software stability and reduced time and cost of delivery.
Your first 30 days:
- Become familiar with Perceptyx platform and development processes
- Collaborate with other software engineers, product managers and designers
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
- Establish relationships with the Engineers you will lead
Your first 60 days:
- Develop and deploy services that scale, are highly available, and extensible
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions
- Take on operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Contribute to the team’s best practices and effectiveness
- Full take over people leadership of your Engineers
Who you are:
- You are a strong leader with track record of recruiting and building teams, developing and retaining talent
- You have professional experience with Golang
- You are skilled and experienced in handling most people relations issues, leans on People Team or manager for complex issues
- You foster a continuous improvement mindset with your team and challenge them to identify and remove bottlenecks
- You support the technical innovation and lead the creation, refinement and governance of our engineering standards to ensure our technology provides a sustainable competitive advantage
- You evangelize for engineering concerns across the organization
- You are a model for inclusive and transparent communication
- You’re able to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to your team
- You appropriately prioritize work for your team that maps to the businesses short- and long-term objectives
- You proactively nurture the talent within their team and supports the same throughout the engineering group
- You have a good understanding of modern web development and cloud application architecture
- Strong analytic and managerial skills
- 3+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a team, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives
- You value team success over personal success
- 8+ years of relevant software engineer experience within diverse industries and leadership experience in product development required
- You are Comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
To apply for this job please click on -> stackoverflow.com.