Website DICK’S Sporting Goods
Job Title: Group Product Manager
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, we believe in how positively sports can change lives. On our team, everyone plays a critical role in creating confidence and excitement by personally equipping all athletes to achieve their dreams. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve.
If you are ready to make a difference as part of the world’s greatest sports team, apply to join our team today!
Welcome to Product Management at DICK’S Sporting Goods, where we specialize in delivering retail excellence along every aspect of the customer journey. Our mission focuses on crafting intuitive, easy-to-use products that span across our business. We are looking for a new team member who can bring product-market viability ideas that inspire, innovate and deliver elevated experiences for our customers and products.
Millions of Athletes come to Dick’s Sporting Goods every day, exploring, finding and discovering new training and gear that will inspire them and help them achieve their goals on the field, trail, court, studio and anywhere they pursue their passions.
As the Group Product Manager of the eCommerce Search & Discovery team, you will drive the overall vision, product strategy, roadmap and execution of a more thoughtful and engaging experience for searching, finding and learning about the products Athletes seek. From the journey of Athletes, with varying experience-levels and preferences, and our breadth of categories and sports we serve, the eCommerce product experience is where DICK’S Sporting Goods can bring trusted expertise and inspired storytelling to life online.
In this highly visible role, you will lead a team of five within the Search & Discovery group, including our core search, browse, product selection, reviews and merchandising capabilities and experiences. You will collaborate with teams representing the complete eCommerce journey online and in app. Additionally, you will partner with teams from our Marketing, Merchandising and Loyalty domains within DSG Tech, not to mention an integrated relationship with teams leading Personalization and our eCommerce business.
A successful candidate will lead with vision, with deep understanding of the retail consumer landscape and eCommerce capabilities, be a self-starter, and demonstrate breadth while overseeing an end-to-end platform and experience. If this sounds like you, your next role may be at DSG Tech, delivering technology and experiences as a trusted outfitter for Athletes on any journey.
As a Group Product Manager, you enable the delivery of product experiences rooted in lean product management principles and human-centered design principles that support strategic priorities. Your influence and expertise enable you to promote the value of the product model as you continue to build partnerships in support of the products you manage. As a product management leader, you provide direct oversight in the organization and delivery of high-quality products while balancing people management and opportunities for development. Focus areas may include:
Strategy & Communication
As the Group Product Manager you lead a team of product managers within a portfolio. You will be accountable for organizing and communicating a cohesive strategy with the business and your technology peers across those products. You will provide a macro view of priorities as well as executive-friendly updates on team successes, value delivered and lessons learned.
Investment, Prioritization, Planning & Development
You are an enabler to your product teams to deliver against their planned roadmaps and set of outcomes aligned back to the portfolio goals. You will work with teammates on a regular basis to drive alignment ensuring your teammates are clear on organizational priorities and investments. As the Group Product Manager, you must work with your peers and your teammates to assess capacity to meet commitments on an ongoing basis.
Leadership & People Management
The Group Product Manager manages manage up to six product managers working across two or three product domains within a given portfolio. You must develop a deep understanding of cross-product domains and support the overall strategy of the portfolio. As a Leader of People, you will support ongoing career development and growth opportunities for your team of product managers
As a product leader, it is essential to provide the appropriate forums to seek feedback and understanding amongst your teams, stakeholders and leadership in order to aggregate and activate this feedback in meaningful ways. When conflict arises, it is critical to resolve quickly to minimize churn.
This is a fully remote position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership – How you expand your influence through strategy, decision making, coaching, and management
Enlist & Enable Stakeholders
- Uses evidence-based influencing skills to mobilize portfolio and cross-portfolio teams across technology and business domains
- Creates and communicates standard stakeholder touchpoints to maintain alignment and address challenges
- Translates stakeholder knowledge as inputs to prioritization and product vision
- Leads a group of product managers and stakeholders within a portfolio during key planning activities
- Provides executive-level prioritization and progress updates to senior leadership
Leadership & People Management
- Manages 4-6 direct reports across multiple product teams across 2-3 product teams within a portfolio
- Uses organizational agility to influence teammates and peers without formal authority
- Practices radical candor, conducting coaching conversations and delivering effective feedback to the teammates you support
- Creates a people-first culture where teammates thrive
- Understands and executes HR and people management essentials
- Conducts talent assessment ceremonies of Product Management competencies, skillsets and profiles
- Ensures there is alignment across the greater Product organization guiding teammates in their functional area and helping them grow in the practice of Product Management
- Advocates for and actively participates in the Product Community of Practice
- Recruits, interviews and aids in the selection of top talent
- Oversees interns, development programs and special assignments as required
Strategy – How you understand and plan within a product team that solves customer problems and drives market impact
Form Strategy & Prioritize Work
- Defines the product strategy in support of the vision across a group of products within a given portfolio
- Builds the roadmap, collaboratively with product managers and stakeholders, based on goals for the portfolio
- Uses decision support tools to weigh the competing factors and objectives the product teams you support
- Communicates the roadmap strategy to the relevant the relevant leadership, teammates and stakeholders
- Effectively explains ‘why’ work was prioritized for executive-level consumption
- Uses data to discover customer pain points across the group of product teams you support aiding in the development of their roadmap outcomes and strategies
- Identifies patterns in data and builds expanded research models in partnership with Product Design
- Identifies the right problems and prioritizes for the best business outcomes within your group of products
- Sets the long-term product vision across the group of products you support
Form & Track KPIs/Metrics
- Uses goal framework tools to set metrics and product outcomes with the product managers you support
- Builds product objectives and goals in collaboration with key stakeholders and partners
- Gathers data and conducts research to identify Product ROI
- Measures adoption, usage data and business impact of launches to prove ROI
- Builds product objectives and goals in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Drives accountability – facilitates data-driven ROI ceremonies with cross-functional teams and stakeholders within a portfolio
Execution – How you support and provide oversight to the design and delivery of solutions to our customers
The Group Product Manager works across the product teams they support within a portfolio. It is necessary to know how to execute on the key services and deliverables when necessary; however, your primary focus in this space is to support and enable your teammates to complete their day-to-day activities.
- Provides support to identify and mitigate dependencies across cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Identifies and communicates risks associated with the success of the teams’ roadmaps and deliverables
- Accountable for creating a quarterly commitment plan (who, what and when) including feature prioritization, resource models and trade off decisions
Candidates for this Role Should Have:
- Advanced knowledge and application of lean product management practices
- Advanced knowledge and application of human-centered design practices
- Advanced application of Scrum and Agile methodologies with application in a Product Model environment
- Experience managing the product lifecycle
- Experience managing a software development lifecycle
- Ability to balance business objectives and customer needs
- Success in defining a cohesive product vision, strategies and roadmap
- Success in defining short- and long-term strategies, visions and launching excellent products
- Can effectively provide decision making as a service to drive alignment on priorities and goals
- Advanced level and application of prioritization frameworks
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership without formal authority
- Effective management, facilitation and collaboration skills to drive alignment across organizational peers and complex stakeholder groups
- Ability to cross-functionally organize, motivate and mobilize teams towards working on a common goal
- Expert written and verbal comm skills that result in effective relationship building as well as alignment across stakeholders and other tech partners
- Experience coaching teammates on complex product frameworks, concepts or methodologies
- Previous management experience for a team of product managers
- Experience with managing third party vendors and contract negotiations
- High organizational agility
- Curious attitude and desire to learn
This is a fully remote position.
Targeted Pay Range: $95,200 – $158,800. This is part of a competitive total rewards package that could include other components such as: incentive, equity and benefits. Individual pay is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay regularly to ensure competitive and equitable pay.
To apply for this job please visit www.dickssportinggoods.jobs.