Growth Product Manager
At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github – with over 40,000 members on Slack – where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
What will you do at Prisma?
As a Growth Product Manager at Prisma you will work closely with the Product and Marketing Teams on a variety of topics, some of which you will be able to define yourself over time. You will be responsible for:
- Growing and cultivating a deep understanding of the problems that companies have with regards to application data access and data infrastructure management strategy. This means that you will observe and conduct discovery sessions with users and early customers, run research interviews, and then share your data and insights with the team.
- Curate opportunities that arise from your research and work through them with your cross-functional team to define and deliver the resulting features. These features will be centered around the following:
- Turning interested visitors into successful users through onboarding to our Prisma Data Platform
- Sourcing and maintaining examples application, and building up a first-class documentation experience.
- Understanding potential pain points in order to provide frictionless onboarding and adoption.
- Working with the Technical Writers to create a first-class documentation experience.
- You will be in close collaboration with our Sales Engineering team, and identify commercial offerings and differentiation features to position alongside our open-source solution.
- Building a strategy for your product area and contributing to the overall product strategy.
- Coordinating with the Engineering, Design, Technical Writing, Sales and Marketing teams to ensure that the product being delivered appropriately solves the problem. This will involve developing an understanding of our technical choices and constraints, as well as establishing a go-to-market strategy for what your team will build.
- Defining the success of the initiatives and driving how your team will measure the impact of initiatives to help us develop our understanding further, and decide on the next steps to take.
As a young startup, the potential to affect our direction forward is significant, and it is our hope that you will bring practices and ideas that will challenge how we do things and develop the role further over time.
We believe the successful candidate would meet the following criteria:
- 1+ years experience as Product Manager or closely related roles such as Product Owner, Program Manager, or Solutions Architect.
- Experience as a growth Product Manager working closely with Marketing teams
- Fluent usage of data to learn, experiment, and iterate over your initiatives
- Prior experience working on SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS products
The following experience would also be a plus:
- Autonomy with research and product discovery
- Experience managing open source products
- First-hand experience working with databases
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You’re likely to be a great fit for the team if you …
- … have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you’ll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- … stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- … be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organization with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from GMT-8 to GMT+3.
To apply for this job please click on -> boards.greenhouse.io.