Head of Accounting
Experience with financial controlling and/or auditing is relevant. Ideally, you should have some experience with international group reporting and tax. We outsource our accounting and bookkeeping functions, but you will help manage our external partners and build internal processes and controls.
The parent company (and majority of operations) in the group is located in the US, but we also have several subsidiaries, such as in Norway and Bermuda.
- Experience with accounting and statutory reporting
- Familiarity with international consolidations and tax
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Project management skills: the ability to plan a project, gather the resources through and see it through to completion no matter what challenges you encounter
- US CPA experience preferred
- Experience from the insurance industry would be great
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- Think for themselves instead of copying others
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing
- Competitive salary and equity
- Benefits including health insurance, paid family leave, laptop, personal development
- Fully remote: work from anywhere
- Regular team gatherings around the world
We work fully remotely, but have our headquarters in San Francisco. We typically meet in person several times per year. The last three gatherings have been in San Francisco, Mexico, and Norway.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.