Job Title: Head of Origination
Synacti is a startup holding company focusing on acquiring software and digital services businesses in the £2m-£20m Enterprise Value range. You’d be joining right at the beginning of the company’s journey with the ability to determine how to build the company from a blank slate. Our founder is a software entrepreneur investing their own capital in the business, with a view to eventually floating on the public markets to drive further investment in the business. We operate fully remotely and will consider a candidate based anywhere who can overlap significantly with UK business hours.
We take a portfolio approach to acquisitions and judge each business on a stand-alone basis. We look for businesses with high margins, high returns on capital employed, an economic moat we think can last and aim to buy them at sensible valuations. We run these businesses for the long-term with a view to buy and hold forever. We think like owners and look for people who think likewise.
We’re currently looking for a Head of Origination to come in and assist alongside the CEO and CFO. Experience in sourcing acquisitions, especially in the technology sector in our valuation range, is crucial. The ideal candidate will both be able to come up with a strategy for how to effectively find potential acquisitions but also execute successfully on that plan themselves. This role would suit someone who is excited about getting involved at a very early stage, taking a significant amount of their compensation in equity & performance based compensation and focusing on doing whatever work is required to compound business value.
- Developing our M&A origination strategy
- Creating our processes and choosing the tools we use to execute that strategy
- Building and maintaining relationships with brokers, potential acquisition targets and industry contacts
- Identifying and evaluating potential acquisition opportunities that align with our investment criteria
- The provision of concise yet detailed analysis into potential investment opportunities
- Assisting with various deal execution activities as required, and time allows
- Keeping management up to date with origination activities
- Helping to build out our origination team as we scale
- Significant experience sourcing acquisitions either for Private Equity or strategic buyers, especially in the £2m-£20m Enterprise Value range
- The emotional intelligence and personality to engage and build relations/trust with the founders and senior management teams of potential targets
- Ability to conduct initial due diligence on potential acquisition targets
- Negotiation and deal-making experience
- Familiarity with the technology sector and trends in the market
Base salary between £60k-100k depending on experience. Bonus structure based on signing an LOI & deal closing, targeting 35-45% of base annually. Fully remote and flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.