Head of Payroll & Benefits
We are looking for a Head of Payroll & Benefits that will oversee all employee payments, compliance, and benefits implementation. This role is central to helping our team meet our hiring goals and feel taken care of while we rapidly scale. Reporting in to the Head of Finance, you will also be an important cross-functional link between our Culture, People, Finance, and Operations teams.
🚀 About SafetyWing
SafetyWing is a fully remote YC company. We are currently offering health insurance for remote teams (Remote Health) and a travel-medical insurance (Nomad Insurance) built for digital nomads. We are building a global social safety net that provides health, retirement, and income protection to everyone, everywhere. If we succeed, we believe this will help promote freedom and equal opportunity for everyone, one of the most important tasks of our time that no one else is working on.
Our team is about 100 strong. We are growing fast, and are looking to scale up the team significantly over the next year. Last month the average score when the whole team was asked “how likely are you to recommend SafetyWing as a good place to work on a scale from 1-10”, was 9.1. We want you to help maintain and even improve that as we grow.
💎 Your responsibilities will include
- Be the go-to person for employment-related questions from the team.
- Determine (based on guidelines you help shape with legal and compliance) the right arrangements for new employees and contractors. Then create and send out contracts.
- Develop and document our benefits policies and processes for things like relocations, parental leave, employee classification, and anything else we decide we need.
- Ensure payroll runs smoothly
- You have a solid understanding of international employment matters, contracting arrangements and compliance, from both a legal and operational perspective
- Working in a People or HR team and developing benefits offerings would be a plus
- You have excellent judgment, and are able to deal with challenging situations with grace, fairness and kindness.
- You enjoy helping others and solving problems. You can handle difficult situations with grace.
- You are organized and good at building systems that are scalable but also fun to use
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Wants to help build a global social safety net on the internet
- Is intellectually curious and open to new ideas
- Is intellectually honest and has high personal integrity
- Thinks for themselves instead of copying others
- Is creative and bold in the face of any problem
- Is willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure
🧘 What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Benefits including health insurance, paid family leave, laptop, personal development and more
- Fully remote: work from anywhere
- Regular team gatherings around the world
Discover more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.
Head of Payroll & Benefits (Remote) at SafetyWingShare with someone