Head of Recovery
About the job
Who are we?
TradeDepot is a Digital B2B Commerce and embedded finance company headquartered in San Francisco, California. At TradeDepot we are building the largest digital network of retail outlets in Africa and changing the way mega Consumer Goods Brands distribute products to over 5 million retail stores on the continent. Our mission is to be “The SUPPLY PARTNER of Africa’s retail outlets” by using technology to give the retailers what they want, and when they want it.
Who we want:
We are looking for a highly skilled leader with proven experience in credit risk and recovery, to leverage data and technology to drive optimum performance of our loan portfolio.
This role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy and experience. You are an analytical thinker, with super high attention to detail, skilled at data analytics, and has proven to be a winner at retail/SME credit collections and recovery.
You will have primary responsibility for leading collections and recovery for the division, recovery reporting, driving the collections activities proactively.
- Develop industry level recovery according to the standard of best practices obtainable in the lending industry.
- Build and manage team of collections & recovery staff; combining online and field channels.
- Adhere to and maintain KPIs for PAR, Default/NPLs set by the business.
- Develop and maintain projections for cohort performance and trigger failsafes to prevent delinquents from piling up.
- Own, maintain, and report to key management on outstanding portfolio on a regular basis.
- Oversee activities of recovery field team to meet daily targets of Collections.
- Work with Operations and other sub-teams in Risk to continually collect data required for collections activities.
- Perform deep data analysis on the loan portfolio to guide the setting of priorities in terms of Collections and Recovery efforts.
- Establish, achieve, and report on recovery milestones frequently to the executive management team and the board.
- Adhere to TradeDepot’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- University degree, preferably an MBA or Accounting, Finance degree
- Prior experience in credit recovery in banking or established fin-techs.
- Excellent Data Analysis skills; extremely proficient with Business Intelligence tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Domo, etc.
- Ability to work strategically, but also hands-on problem solving.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Track record of building innovative, creative, and collaborative teams.
- Strong desire to lead from a strategic and tactical perspective in all aspects of day to day company operations.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.