We are looking for an identity designer with experience in branding, print/packaging, and digital design. You will work within our design team and collaborate externally with client teams and internally with writers, strategists, directors, and project managers. We value strong communicators who are both independently responsible and highly team-minded. To move forward through the interview process it will be necessary to show that you have successfully navigated multiple visual identity system designs for clients in real-world situations.
As a part of this role, you will:
- Create boundary-pushing identity systems and brand applications (digital, print, environmental, packaging, experiential) in a collaborative environment
- Use and expand your design expertise across a wide range of aesthetic styles
- Craft and present visual work with strong conceptual thinking and strategic rationale
- Build well-defined, thorough brand guidelines for our partners to use
- Report to a Design Director
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Sketch and Figma. However, the ability to teach yourself new programs is more valuable than knowing everything right off the bat.
- Experience with creating brandmarks/identity systems and extensively applying them across a variety of mediums
- Commitment to knowing and understanding our clients and their end-users
- Ability to successfully contribute to multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, and changing priorities
- Ability to attend virtual meetings with video on
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and listening
- Have an aptitude for being organized and detail-oriented
- Project a courteous and professional image at all times
- Quick Communication & responses during basic working hours (9 – 5 EST)
- Natural ability to follow through on tasks
- Ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Motion/animation skills
- UI design experience
- Photography/art direction skills
- 3D skills
- Type design
- Information design
- Copywriting chops
Where We Work
This full-time opportunity can be fully remote, or a hybrid role based in Atlanta, and may include some client travel (when safe and appropriate to do so) as well as occasional in-person Matchstic team meetings.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Salary for this position typically starts around $60,000/year depending on experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance for US-based employees
- Paid time off
- Company-provided equipment (laptop, screen, standing desk, software, etc)
- Annual education/personal development budget
- Monthly fitness budget
- 401K benefits after 12 months of employment
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We believe that in order to serve our clients well, our team must bring a diversity of backgrounds, identities, and perspectives to the table and see this open role as an opportunity to expand the collective experience of our group. We are an equal opportunity employer that is firmly committed to building a more diverse and inclusive workplace. Matchstic does not discriminate in recruitment or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, orientation, nationality, age, disability, status, or other non-merit factor.
We are strategic creatives and creative strategists having fun doing work that empowers passionate clients. It’s a level of work that requires commitment and follow-through in our work-life. We are learning that you can bring your distinct values, points of view, skills, and abilities from wherever you are. And, we all succeed when we take care of each other.
We’re the brand identity house of the South. Our job is to help challenger brands take their identity to the next level by uncovering what makes them radically relevant, and leveraging their unique position to create a compelling brand identity.
Learn more at Matchstic.com
To apply for this job please click on -> matchstic.bamboohr.com.
Identity Designer at Matchstic