Job Title: Inspection Officer
The successful candidate will perform all necessary safety and emission inspection on a variety of
vehicles, such as passenger cars, jeeps and certain types of mobile vehicles. He/she will inspect overall
interior and exterior conditions of cars and inspect operations of windshield wiper and washer,
speedometer, turn signals and on a need basis, work computer terminal to process and review vehicle
information. He/she will conduct vehicle identification inspections on vehicles for customers seeking to
sell their cars.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
▪ Scan vehicles with vehicle scanning equipment to determine status of vehicle.
▪ Comprehensive check of vehicle interior and exterior parts.
▪ Greet and direct customers seeking a vehicle identification inspection.
▪ Review customer’s ownership records for completeness and to assure all pertinent
documentation is included. When necessary, inform customers of additional information
needed, and serve as a source of referral.
▪ Conduct identification inspections on various types of vehicles. Inspection includes comparison
of the vehicle’s identification numbers (VIN) with the numbers listed on the customer’s ownership
records, and a notation of current odometer reading.
▪ Review customer’s titles for accuracy and completeness. Review includes titles from other states
and foreign countries.
▪ Following established procedures, conduct on-site identification inspections for local car
dealerships, as assigned.
▪ Complete a Statement of Inspection on all vehicles inspected. Forward completed Statement of
Inspection to designated staff for additional processing.
▪ Inform supervisor of any vehicles that have questionable odometer readings or identification
numbers or have missing or numbers.
▪ Maintain work area, tools, equipment, and official forms in an efficient, clean, and organized
▪ Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, customers, co-workers and
▪ Operate a vehicle, safely and in compliance with traffic laws and regulations, in the performance
of job duties.
We believe that you will succeed better if you possess the following:
▪ HND or BSC in Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical Engineering (OND Holder or Graduates of
other disciplines can be considered if candidate possesses experience and/or skill in
▪ 1 to 2 years’ experience on vehicle diagnosis, inspection or repair.
▪ Sound Knowledge of latest automobile repairs & best industry practices.
▪ Excellent knowledge about cars and their various models.
▪ Hands-on experience in diagnosing vehicle issues (experience can range from basic to
▪ Ability to use a vehicle scanning machine.
▪ Knowledge of locations of identification numbers and odometer readings on vehicles.
▪ Knowledge or ability to learn to read odometers and detect questionable readings.
▪ Knowledge or ability to learn the formats of and details contained in vehicle titles from other
states and other countries.
We generally offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super intelligent workforce, and a relaxed
dress code in order to harness the power of innovation. We care a lot about our employees. It’s obvious
that for efficient work you need to stay in favorable working conditions.
That’s why we offer you the following benefits:
● A competitive salary and one of the best in the industry;
● Healthcare insurance, free daily lunch and employee Loans;
● TGIF every last Friday of the month and regular Team Building events;
● Leadership development and new opportunities to grow as we are constantly expanding;
● An opportunity to work with a dynamic and international team all across the world.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.