Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
We are seeking an iOS engineer to join our team. This is a contract-to-hire role. In this role, you will be working alongside our global team of engineers building and architecting new features, updating existing features, and taking ownership of major portions of our products. You will be collaborating closely with product and design teams to turn ideas and requirements into software. You will also be responsible for estimating work, reviewing and submitting code reviews, and owning significant portions of the App Store/TestFlight submission process.
In your first year you will be responsible for:
- Building new features for the Zero iOS app using Swift
- Maintaining existing features in the app by planning for scale, refactoring inefficient code, debugging logic, and exercising other actions to reduce tech debt
- Shipping code on time and to a high degree of quality
- Providing accurate work estimates and highlighting blockers as they present themselves
- Collaborating with QA, design, and product teams to ensure smooth sprints
- You’re an expert on the Swift programming language and have at least 3-5 years of software engineering experience
- You’re an expert on Xcode and its suite of debugging tools
- You have experience using CI/CD systems and tools
- You’ve built or worked on apps that that were used by hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- You’re familiar with with the entire software lifecycle
- You have end-to-end experience of distributing apps via TestFlight and the App Store
- You have extensive experience in interfacing with external APIs and networking
- You have experience building custom UI components and experiences
- You have an understanding of of security best practices
- You have the ability to work across time zones and with distributed teams
- You are able to “see around corners” and understand the edge cases and gaps before/while building a feature
- You have a low ego and can easily take and provide constructive criticism
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Firebase
- Experience in building high traffic consumer facing apps
- Deep understanding of client/server architecture
What to expect:
- Application: your profile will be reviewed within 48 hours, and you’ll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!). If you apply over a weekend, there may be a slightly longer response time.
- Hiring Manager Interview: a 45 minute chat with Patrick (Director of Engineering) to discuss your background, Zero/Big Sky Health and the role, and align your strengths and background to the problems we’re looking to solve
- Panel Interviews: you’ll meet peers and team members that you would be working under and collaborating with across Engineering. This stage will include a live coding challenge and a small take-home exercise.
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.