Website Lemondate Finance
🙌 About Lemonade Finance (YCombinator S21)
We are building the world’s first truly diaspora digital bank for Africans. In 2020, Lemonade Finance launched in Canada offering money transfer and exchange services. We provide our users with accounts in their country of residence and country of origin for personal and business banking needs.
We were recently accepted into the YCombinator summer 2021 batch. YCombinator is the biggest startup accelerator in the world based in California, USA.
🌐 Is the role fully remote?
Yes, the role is fully remote.
📖 Job description
We’re building the future of money for Africans in the diaspora and around the world.
Our mission is clear, Africans living in the diaspora are greatly underserved by traditional and modern banks. And the system just doesn’t work from account opening to identity verification requirements. We believe there should be an alternative to the banking of the past: we’re focused on helping our customers better manage their finances in their country of residence and country of origin for personal and business banking needs.
We’re looking for an outstanding junior backend engineer to join our rapidly growing team. We have big ambitions, but we’re just getting started and you will be joining at a formative time. As one of our first engineering hires you will have a rare and exciting opportunity to shape the product, global expansion, and grow as a software engineer.
You will be a key member of our small but passionate product and operations team and will help us expand. You will be assisting the development manager with all aspects of software design and developing the backend systems and services to power new features for the Lemonade Finance app experience. As well as work on internal tools for the product operations team.
You have experience of working as part of small teams or at early-stage companies and working independently in order to make progress. If you’re looking for a role that gives you the opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities, with a high degree of autonomy, then we want to talk to you!
- Assisting the development manager with all aspects of software design and developing the backend systems and services to power new features for the Lemonade Finance app experience.
- Develop and build out lightweight internal tools for internal teams.
- Work on schedule and during off-work periods e.g weekends, public holidays, and night.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Because the team is small you’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in a wider range of projects such as product testing, and vendor selection if that interests you.
- Track record of learning quickly and getting stuff done on your own.
- 1 – 2 years of experience working with Golang or Java
- Mid experience working on the backend of a consumer technology product.
- You have a product mindset: you really care about customer outcomes and you want to grow as a product engineer.
- You’re comfortable taking feedback to help you become better at your craft.
- Understand trade-off decisions between moving quickly and getting products in the hands of our customers, versus building a secure, scalable, and resilient system.
🧩 About our tech stack
- Lemonade Finance is built on Golang.
- PostgreSQL for data storage.
- New Relic for monitoring.
- Vue JS for front-end engineering.
💲 Competitive salary
🏝 20 days of paid vacation and public holidays per year (and we require that you take all of your days each year as we believe that well-rested employees are more effective!)
💪 We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
🎤 Interview process
- Our interview process is normally a coding task on Codility.
- A call to discuss it.
- 1 hour of an interview conducted via Meets giving you a chance to meet senior leaders from the technology team.
We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
🎉 Join our team
Ready to apply? Submit your application https://airtable.com/shrHZpq8DlKN3sf9n
To apply for this job, click here --> airtable.com.