Junior Graphics Driver Kernel Engineer – Ubuntu Linux
For this position we are seeking a candidate that is a recent University graduate or a young professional who is enthusiastic to develop software in multiple areas including security updates, patching, and testing. This person must have a background in software engineering, be motivated to work in a distributed team and willing to travel globally up to 4 times a year for internal and external engineering events.
Location: This is a remote role for someone based in the Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) region.
What your day will look like
- Maintain the NVidia graphics drivers and package new releases
- Take personal responsibility for the delivery of graphics drivers
- Patch the kernel driver to work against the latest Ubuntu kernel
- Enhance and maintain Ubuntu’s additions to the NVidia settings panel
- Maintain Ubuntu’s tools for hardware detection and driver installation
- Diagnose and resolve issues reported by customers and the community
- Collaborate regularly and proactively with a globally distributed team
- Work closely with external silicon, cloud, or hardware manufacturer delivery teams on bleeding edge platforms
What we are looking for in you
- Well-organized, self-starting and able to deliver to fixed schedules
- Demonstrated ability to present oneself in a professional manner when interacting with colleagues, business partners, and the open source community
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral
- Earned a bachelor’s (or equivalent university level) degree, preferably in a technology field
- Programming experience in C, with Python and Bash scripting
- Solid background with git
- Knowledge of the Linux kernel and kernel subsystems would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience with kernel patching and debugging is also highly regarded
- Prior experience with Ubuntu/Debian/Snap packaging would be highly regarded
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.