Website Lemonade Finance
Lemonade Finance (YC S21) is building the neo-bank for African diaspora in North America & Europe. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
There are over 10 million Africans living in North America & Europe who go through hoops and have to pay exorbitant fees to send money to their loved ones. We are constantly fighting for everyday Africans to be able to move their money freely around the world at no cost and with the best exchange rate they can find out there.
We launched the first version of the app at the beginning of October 2020 with just the ability to send money. Now, we enable our users to send and receive as well as pay bills for services across the ocean for loved ones. We have also grown to a team of more than 25 people working remotely and living in different continents around the world.
About The Role:
Lemonade is looking for a talented Junior Product Designer with great visual design and UX skills. You would be involved in the full product development cycle: from early research and product strategy, to design and developer hand-off. You should have an understanding of mobile and web design patterns on both iOS and Android, good visual and user experience sensibilities, and care deeply about the end-user experience.
You have experience of working as part of small teams or at early-stage companies and working independently in order to make progress. If you’re looking for a role that gives you the opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities, with a high degree of autonomy, then we want to talk to you!
- Bring new ideas to life from sketching and wireframes, through to high-fidelity designs, and asset production.
- Iterate on existing designs to consistently improve the user experiences and design.
- Work closely with product and engineering to formulate hypotheses, validate ideas and iterate.
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid startup environment.
- 1 – 2 years of experience designing and shipping features for Web, iOS and Android (we are willing to accommodate a wide range of experience levels).
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a good sense of UI and UX design, and examples of how you’ve solved complex problems in the past (could be from bootcamp or design school).
- Ability to clearly articulate your reasoning behind design decisions.
- Experience working closely with engineers, including communication, understanding platform limitations, and asset production.
- Ability to empathise with a wide range of users, often different from yourself, to understand their needs.
- Proficient in Figma.
- You’re comfortable taking feedback to help you become better at your craft.
- Salary for this role is 250k Monthly
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Work tools of choice
- Unlimited time off and paid holidays
- Healthcare and life insurance benefit
- An initial call with members of the product team.
- A design or user behaviour task.
- A call to discuss the task.
- 1 hour of an interview conducted via Meets giving you a chance to meet senior leaders from the product team.
To apply for this job please click on -> lemonade-technology-inc.breezy.hr.