It’s an amazing time to join Okra. We are looking for a Junior Product Manager who will be responsible for making sure our products are market leaders across every country in Africa. You will be responsible for delivering high quality integrations with banks as well as discovering and building country specific features that make our products stand out from the crowd.
Your work will allow us to quickly build reliable, stable products.
We want our Product Managers to be passionate about solving problems with exceptionally high analytical quality, as we continue in our journey to digitise financial services for Africa.
What you will do:
- Work closely with teams across Okra to build the services that enable them to deliver new products.
- Be responsible for delivering the solutions that are essential to Okra scaling to meet its ever growing customer base.
- Work with your engineering counterparts to ensure what you build is stable and reliable now and into the future.
- Continuously strive for better quality products by prioritising team activities such as testing, alerting and observability.
What will help you succeed:
- 0-3 years product management experience in a Product-first, B2B company.
- Can act on data without relying on the complete picture to be built for them; prioritisation is your strength, and you have the ability to win consensus for your ideas amongst your stakeholders.
- Can strike the perfect balance between strategic visionary and tactical operator.
- Are customer-focused; everything you do, you do it to create a platform that our clients love to use.
- Are excited by the idea of other teams at Okra being your customers.
- Would consider themselves a “people-person” – equally comfortable gathering user feedback, presenting your ideas to engineers or reporting your KPIs back to your product team – communication is key.
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with people from all over the world. Our ambitions are global, and so is the exceptional team we’ve built.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in FinTech or Financial Services is a bonus.
- Ability to understand complex technical/process challenges and then work to solve them
- Delivery experience – bringing a product or feature to market
- Experience working with a digital product used by a technical user base such as PaaS – this could also include APIs, SaaS.
- Experience working with a product integrated with multiple endpoints – e.g., communications APIs, financial data APIs.
- Specific experience working with a financial product.
- Start-up experience.
To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.