Junior Web Designer
In the past three years, we’ve grown, nurtured, and invested in a thriving brand + digital Experience Design team. We’ve launched a new visual identity that we continue to push and evolve to support our groundbreaking product. We need a Web Designer to support the marketing website as well as to collaborate on various web properties, such as documentation, web platforms and portals. For the right candidate, this role and its duties might range from a junior to mid-level designer, supporting directly to our Web Design Manager.
This designer will be a creative champion helping to create strong clear visual storytelling and information flow, elevating our work by introducing new thinking and concepts to our site. Most importantly, you’ll have a chance to be part of a dynamic brand, with a highly collaborative team dedicated to finding all sorts of visual communication solutions–we’re rich with areas to learn and grow.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Work closely with teammates in design and marketing, balance your schedule, and clearly communicate on project status and your bandwidth.
- Maintain purpose and simplicity in our website and across all our digital brand assets to inspire engagement with our product.
- Use current web templates and design-component system to create wireframes for new
- marketing pages, campaign landing pages and emails.
- Develop and apply design system component and patterns
- Integrate insights from web data and user research into your designs, continuously iterating to improve engagement within the website and to our product
- Work with developers to ensure pixel perfect execution across platforms and devices
- Enjoy a good design challenge. Take complex ideas, and craft them into simple clear ideas and a visually appealing story.
- Follow brand principles, and participate in the evolution of our style and brand.
- Tackle the balance of a dynamic, yet sometimes ambiguous environment. As we are and always have been a distributed organization, it’s important to raise your hand if you need help or clarification.
- Embrace your design creativity in other mediums, we all work together to design whatever comes up, swag, events, ads, slides.
- Actively participate in team critiques; we all have a voice here.
What you bring
- 1+ years of web design experience, with a strong portfolio at a creative agency or on in-house team
- Proficient communicator and storyteller who can make compelling, cohesive communication come to life
- Questions when direction is vague, and an understanding that tides can change, with the ability to raise a hand when help is needed
- Experience working directly with developers to ensure the implementation of designs and user experiences are of the highest quality
- Deep love of (and perhaps slight obsession with) clean, cohesive design, typography, color, and layout
- A passion for orderly design outside of traditional design programs, e.g., Google docs can still be challenging and beautiful
- Possess time management skills and have the ability to work within an estimated timeline to meet deadlines
- Some flexibility with working hours (within reason), recognizing worldwide time zones can be a challenge!
- Some experience with remote collaboration
- High emotional intelligence, ability to handle constructive criticism and competing ideas
Nice to have:
- Experience working with a design system
- Figma experience
- User research experience
- Experience and interest in SEO, web analytics tools
What we bring
- Leadership that cares
- An experienced and seasoned approach to remote work; we’ve been operating with a mostly remote staff for seven years
- A dynamic brand that encourages clean, effective design, but knows when to have fun
- Yearly, international, company-wide meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged
- Lots of opportunities for creative freedom and exploration
- An open work environment where your voice is encouragedThis is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for a junior or mid-level designer who can perform well working remotely. You’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy. A small but passionate team of designers Because we’re a global team, occasional meetings outside of your working hours
To apply for this job please click on -> platform.sh.