Job Title: Lead Product Designer
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2023. We expect 2024 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support, Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun — one of the many reasons we were named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive years.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please read on!
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll lead design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility in creative vision, strategy and execution. You’ll work closely with teams to frame user needs and behavior, define optimized user flow, and tweak pixels before launch. You’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary UX, product management and engineering team to deliver thoughtful and polished design work that is grounded in solid research and validation.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, fellow designers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users.
- Applying strategic thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively and compellingly for internal stakeholders, partners, and customers
- Using facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, partners, and customers.
- Building positive, collaborative relationships with product management, development, and the design team, as well as continuously “raising the bar” as an effective leader of positive change.
- Running design thinking workshops and helping to guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes.
- Being an active mentor for other designers, and helping lead critique, and design reviews.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Expert knowledge of the end to end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user, journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and usable experiences; you have strengths in visual design, interaction, and product design
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research.
- Proficient in product design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Origami, Principal.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale.
- The total cash compensation for this role is $130,000-$150,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.