About the job
The role of the Legal Advisor will be to provide legal services of the highest professional standards and facilitate the transactions of the Executive Office by giving proactive, business oriented and creative legal advice.
- Provide internal advisory services to the Executive Office and subsidiaries within the group.
- Interpret Legal agreements and interface with the Group Legal team and other subsidiaries.
- Provide accurate and timely advice on all legal and regulatory matters, and support in legal and compliance related matters.
- Support the effective delivery of company secretarial services including (but not limited to) the planning and organizing of Board meetings, Annual General Meetings, and communication of resolutions and outcomes.
- Provide legal advisory to the Executive Office on contracts, financial regulations, and internal policies, as well as on regulatory, institutional, and financial issues arising from the interpretation and application of regulatory requirements / provisions.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing legal documentation for the division’s activities; negotiating relevant drafts or master agreements, reviewing individual transaction documents; proposing and designing appropriate amendments to internal policies and standard documentations / contracts.
- Act as liaison between the Executive Office and regulatory authorities
- Liaise with the Legal department to proffer solutions to the Company’s Legal issues.
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk positions and provide advice on possible resolution of critical issues.
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Managing Director
- Keep abreast of trends/ development taking place in the capital market.
- Oversee compliance in respect of statutory filings.
- Minimum of a first degree in Law
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience preferably in a financial services environment.
- Self-motivated and a good team player able to operate in a fast-moving environment.
- Knowledge of the Capital Market
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.