Legal Associate at Prospa
Prospa is building the operating system for 40 m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app, business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
What you’ll do
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies, and ensure that they are in compliance with all applicable statutory or regulatory requirements
- Assist with the development, revision, and/or implementation of a contract management system, compliance policies, and best practice procedures
- Drive awareness with regulatory and statutory directives and requirements
- Support in liaising and engaging with regulatory bodies/authorities
- Keep abreast of, monitor and analyse regulatory trends and changes in regulatory directives, rules and regulations
- Prepare and assist with legal and corporate filings and reports
- Work on business registration and incorporation
Who we’re looking for
- Advanced legal reasoning skills
- Organizational and collaborative skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
What you’ll need
- Experience working as a legal associate or legal assistant in a corporate establishment or in a law firm
- Experience working with agreements, including drafting and preparing simple amendments to standard templates
- Ability to work with a wide range of contract types including service agreements, amendments, addendums, schedules and statements of work
- Experience supporting a legal team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Ability to understand & implement various CBN reporting requirements (CBN-CRMS), and closely work with Finance and engineering to manage reporting and compliance obligations.
- Experience with legal software solutions (e.g., contract lifecycle management, workflow automation, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor of Laws from a reputable university & member of the Nigeria Bar Association with preferred or equivalent practical experience
- Previous tech industry or handling assignments or projects within Fintech is a huge plus
- Medical Cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Career development opportunities
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” we’d love to hear from you; apply!