We are looking for an outstanding attorney to join our fast-growing team as Counsel, Institutional Markets. You will join the Institutional Business legal team which sits within the broader Legal department and be involved in all product-related matters as they pertain to the Institutional Client Services business. This includes providing legal support on a variety of matters spanning institutional client support, distribution, service provider relationships, and more. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to stretch your wings, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Advise the institutional OTC spot business on all relevant legal and regulatory matters.
- Proactively identify, analyse, manage and mitigate risks in proposed transactions.
- Partner closely with internal teams, including other parts of the Legal, Risk & Compliance teams, in particular with Compliance in respect of regulatory licensing matters including liaising with local regulators where necessary.
- Structure, draft and negotiate trading, finance and corporate documentation including security and ancillary documents.
- Liaise with and manage external counsel as necessary to provide support on relevant issues and documentation.
And, in addition, work closely with the other members of the Institutional Business legal team to:
- Provide legal support and relationship management to the Institutional Client Services business on matters that affect Blockchain.com with an eye towards how they impact the business globally.
- Monitor, assess and advise the business on legal issues that impact institutional product development and distribution.
- Ensure that the Institutional Client Services business is aligned with applicable laws and regulations in Singapore, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Europe, the US and everywhere else we operate.
- Manage and negotiate contractual relationships with material service providers, and other third parties.
- JD/law degree and bar admission in Singapore (preferably), Hong Kong, Malaysia, England & Wales or a US state.
- 4-6 years qualified.
- Cross-border transactional experience.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in private practice or an in-house environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to proactively address them.
- Solutions oriented.
- Track record of proactively building and maintaining productive relationships with business and corporate functional leaders.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Enthusiasm for crypto.
A candidate with some or all of the following experience will be preferred:
- A combination of in-house and law firm experience in financial services or tech.
- Experience in both regulated and non-regulated industries.
- Emerging markets experience.
- A broad range of (generalist) finance experience which may include trade finance, receivables finance, restructuring, derivatives, securitisation, and/or debt capital markets.
- Experience drafting and negotiating general corporate and commercial documents, such as joint venture agreements, NDAs, and service agreements.
Compensation & Perks
- Competitive full time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Performance based bonuses
- Excellent health insurance with international coverage for yourself and dependents based in Singapore
- Unlimited paid time off policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Bi-yearly performance reviews and regular 1:1 sessions for professional development
- Flexible work culture
- Awesome office location in the heart of Singapore
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.