Website Alpha Mead Group
Legal Executive (Construction)
Alpha Mead Group is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management and Real Estate Financing Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Executive (Construction)
- Review, modify, and create construction contracts, government contracts, and contractor agreements that protect from potential general liability and payment protection issues
- Prepare and manage all legal documents such as correspondence, motions, pleadings, briefs, and claims, Litigation & Non-Litigation matters pertaining to properties, consumer disputes, labour disputes, etc.,
- Provide legal advice and support in drafting commercial agreements, MOUs, POAs, Conveyance deeds, Indemnity Bonds, SLAs, etc.
- Understand commercial conditions in tender documents, analyze risks of the conditions, propose revised conditions and discuss with tender managers to minimize such risks.
- Draft and negotiate real estate transactions.
- Resolve construction claims and disputes regarding contracts, construction defects, torts, payments, bond claims, and liens to avoid litigation and arbitration where possible
- Mediate, negotiate, arbitrate, litigate, and argue motions on behalf of clients during legal proceedings in court
- Check contract conditions and prepare necessary documents in time for execution.
- Draft routine leases and amendments
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintain relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Support legal and general advisory needs associated with a large-scale real estate portfolio.
- Ensure legal due diligence during land/property acquisition in particular; Title investigation & Local legislation.
- Draft and ensure standardization (to the extent possible) of legal documents such as title transfer deeds, Agreement of sale, Offer letters, Conveyance documents, Lease Deeds, License Agreements, etc.
- Oversee contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Monitoring and filing completed contracts and other corporate documents
- Liaising with external counsel and follow-up on pending litigations
- Carrying out of duties, as assigned by the Head of Legal Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as in-house counsel or legal practitioner in a law firm.
- Specialty in construction law is strongly preferred but not required
- Current knowledge of the construction industry including labor law, contracts, processes, methods, building codes, and safety regulations is required
- Real Estate experience is a critical requirement, particularly in interfacing with lands and other regulatory bodies for the Development of Company projects
- Experience in construction litigations, including mediation or arbitration
- Good understanding of foreclosure.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and communication skills are necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
To apply for this job please visit jobsinnigeria.careers.