Management Accountant with Capita Transport for London (CTfL), London Road User Charging (LRUC) Contract.
The role will involve financial accounting, forecasting and reporting for the CTfL Projects Portfolio. You will also business partner with key stakeholders within the CTfL account including the project management community, senior management team, CTfL finance and Capita Group functions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Programme and Portfolio financial accounting and reporting for actuals and forecasts, including income statement, balance sheet reconciliations and cash flow
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Month end financials including journals for cost allocations, prepayments and accruals etc
- Partner project managers on Portfolio changes, assisting them to understand their actuals and reviewing and challenging forecasts, variances to baselines and identifying financial risks and opportunities
- Attend meetings as the finance representative, providing challenge where required
- Development of robust financial models, analysis, systems and reporting and supporting finance project initiatives and fostering continuous improvement culture
What we’re looking for:
- Strong accounting background (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant), including sufficient experience in project accounting / contract accounting or working in complex organisations
- Excellent IT skills including strong proficiency in MS Excel (Pivot tables, X-lookups, SUM IFS etc) as a user and creator of analysis and reports
- Experience of SAP FICO and Projects modules and WBS structures desirable
- Able to understand data in different formats, analyse and present financial information coherently
- Analytical approach with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible approach to work, adapts easily to change and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure, work to tight deadlines with no detriment to the high quality standards expected
- Requires little direction, highly motivated, demonstrates initiative and is proactive in their approach to the business
About / Capita Functions- Finance Operations
Our Finance Function is one of Capita’s central corporate functions and is supporting the financial needs of the business. Our teams are creating smarter, faster financial processes across a complex organisation to ensure consistency with training, technology and knowledge sharing. We’re providing clear insight to teams across the business and empowering them to make effective, meaningful decisions. Join us and discover better as you build a stronger financial future for Capita.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary (dependent on experience)
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.