Website Bridge Nigeria
Job Title: Manager, Administration
About the Role
The Administration Manager reports directly to the Director, People and is responsible for overseeing all the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Bridge Nigeria Offices in Lagos, the corporate apartment and can lead strategic projects and events to improve the well-being of Bridge Nigeria Education staff. This person is a highly energetic, superstar idea generator, organizer, project manager, and Microsoft Office that can manage several Administration assistants, and is willing to work whatever hours and times are needed to get things done. Last but not least, the Administration Manager is a friendly but firm presence in the office to ensure that all Company policies are being adhered to..
What you will do
- Supervises and manages all administrative services at Bridge Nigeria
- Managing the duties of office cleaners, building security, and maintaining a relationship with building management to ensure that Bridge Nigeria Education is receiving the correct level of service
- Lead the Administration Department in providing high-quality service to the entire Company and any visitors, including front desk support, providing refreshments during visitors’ visits & team meetings or as may be needed.
- Provide onboarding support to new hires by allocating workstations, company identity cards, and stationery.
- Manage staff records for academy staff viz.: teachers and academy managers and ensure complete and accurate filing of same in physical and electronic format, in adherence to the Company’s Records Management Schedule
- Manage security for the building – reviewing CCTV footage, ensuring that only authorized personnel are in the office, etc.
- Assist Bridge Nigeria support Staff with questions and concerns around the work environment.
- Manage and maintain inventory and stock controls over administration assets (office supplies, furniture, etc.), leverage technology and systems to ensure that tracking is repeatable, scalable, and fail-safe.
- Strategically manage the Company’s floor plan/layout and general office needs
- Ensure that the work environment is well-kept and motivating for employees
- Organize company events, both in and out of the office.
- Coordinate all logistics and arrangements for Teacher Training.
- Execute a data-driven approach across all administrative services It is your responsibility to ensure you and your team are leveraging all available data to drive decision-making.
- You will collaborate with other Groups and Departments, including but not limited to Schools, Talent Acquisition, Technology, and Finance.
- Align company processes and policies with best practices of operation.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree from a top academic institution with top marks
- Superb Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Very competent with technology platforms and quick to pick up new systems
- At least four (4) years experience working in project management/fast-paced environments, ideally with an administrative bent.
- Prior experience as an Administration Manager preferred; experience working in Administration.
- Prior management and project management experience
- High energy, highly motivated personality but a stickler for rules
- Good communicator – verbal and written
- Available at all hours (when necessary) to attend the office in person.
- Basic Knowledge of EHS/OSHA Policy and Administration
- Good understanding of Records Management
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done, with at least 5 years of post-graduate school experience. You’re organised and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multitask dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network in Nigeria from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.