Manager (Market Development)
At Epson, we believe in openness, team spirit and respect. We focus on what’s important. We are a business that looks after our people and are proud of our ambition, and our successes.
We take our environment and sustainability seriously, and we’re committed to helping everyone who works here be the best they can be. Our brand is global; however, we’ve managed to create a unique family culture that feels local and gives you the support you need to find your own way.
Working in a developing market and emerging territory, this role is designed to lead a team who will capitalise on opportunities for demonstration, training and showcasing Epson products. The role will oversee and provide demonstration and training support on all Epson products to market. The Manager for Market Development understands the customer/partner requirements, aligns and puts them in scope with Epson’s product portfolio.
The role provides operational support to the Market Development team in country where new markets are identified and is responsible for generating business opportunities through demonstration and training (i.e products/services, technologies, markets).
- Develop and maintain a market development strategy, including a detailed market analysis (TAM, SAM, SOM) and a mid-term business plan
- Development of direct contact with key targeted end-users and identify opportunities for business development across designated markets
- Define and execute a clear value proposition and product positioning for specific segments/regions/channel partners and create the whole “Go-to-Market” (GTM) strategy for new product launches
- Coordinate closely with the Product Management teams to develop innovative and impactful collateral materials that communicate the value proposition to specific segments/regions
- Follow market trends, visit relevant industry events and maintain relationships with key industry partners and customers
- Develop an understanding of the market across a broad range of vertical B2B sectors relevant to the designated product group and develop appropriate propositions for Epson products to address these markets and customer requirements. Delivering more value to customers through optimally defined profitable solutions
- Recruit value adding partners onto our “+Plus Partner Programmes” within specified criteria and motivate them to build profitable business based on Epson products
- Implement an active programme of demonstration/training for key end-users
- Take an active role at demo exhibitions and events to maximize customer engagement for the designated product group
- In conjunction with the sales team(s), formulate a product / system proposal delivering more value to customers at better margins through optimally defined solutions
- Oversee the co-ordination and provision of information and market intelligence to sales and Business Management to support the development of a balanced pipeline of opportunities for the business
Key Management Responsibilities
- Recruit, develop and manage a team to deliver the market development strategy and achieve the required revenue results
- Motivate and appraise all direct reports and ensure that the team is managed effectively
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Specialist local knowledge in the markets and products for the relevant market(s)
- Ability to identify opportunities and the analytic skills to interpret and translate this into a comprehensive market approach
- Strong communication skills to convince and persuade stakeholders both internal and external and be the focal point to get the consensus on how to approach this market (product, strategy etc.)
- Must understand channels and additional partnering methods to define the most effective route to market for new products
- Ideally educated to degree level in technical specialism
- Computer literate in Windows server and Microsoft 365 environment
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills both verbal and written
- Innovative, but logical approach to problem solving with a solution orientation
- Track record of market development results demonstrating customer portfolio growth
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org