As a member of our Content Team, you will help create copy that inspires people to take steps toward securing their digital lives, engage with our products, and build an internet where privacy is the default.
The Proton Content Team is rapidly expanding and seeking writers with proven experience in commercial copywriting. You understand the power of persuasive writing, including proven best practices for improving digital marketing conversion, and can adapt your skills to Proton’s unique objectives and brand voice.
We prize writers who can quickly grasp difficult technical topics and turn abstract ideas into persuasive, actionable copy. Your writing will be inspirational and help drive conversions and increase clicks. You’ll report into the Head of Content and work with stakeholders throughout the company to identify opportunities, develop strategies, analyze results, and deliver quality copy on tight deadlines. Working at Proton requires a strong understanding of what makes our user community tick. You will be an important voice in the transition to a private internet.
What you will do
- Write clear and error-free website and landing page copy that reflects Proton’s voice
- Coordinate, write and format our newsletters and emails
- Research and synthesize complex information into easily digestible pieces of content
- Optimize existing landing page copy for better UX, CRO and SEO
- Proofread and edit existing commercial content
- Monitor content performance and fine tune the copy accordingly
- Work with the Creative Department and other marketing teams on different content formats (e.g. scripts for video)
- Contribute to the growth of the overall number of visitors, converting visitors into leads, and expanding our blog’s overall reach through delivering quality content
- 3+ years hands-on experience in copywriting, content marketing, CRM, or a related field
- Flawless written and spoken English
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience creating highly effective conversion copy for a large company, including product launches, content marketing, email marketing campaigns, advertisements, and other marketing assets
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adapt your style, tone, and voice according to the goals set together with the team
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive. You don’t require constant input, and you have meticulous attention to detail
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize marketing strategies and tactics.
Bonus points for
- SEO experience
- UX copywriting experience
- Proven success in content CRO
- Familiarity with the technology behind Proton products (e.g. encryption, email and VPN protocols, etc.), online privacy, and information security
- Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing
- Comfortable working in fast-paced startup environments and distributed workplaces
- Fluency in other languages.