Job Title: Mechanical Technician – Utilities
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The job holder will be involved in the operating, controlling, monitoring and maintenance of Engineering/Utilities equipment within the Engineering Department in order to support the manufacture of products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR AS A Mechanical Technician – Utilities
- Operate assigned Utilities/Engineering equipment according to the standard operating procedures to achieve target equipment availability and efficiency
- Conduct corrective and preventive maintenance on equipment following standard general engineering and BAT standard practices to keep them in base con
- Check that equipment have a maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to manufacturer’s standards.
- Conduct daily and weekly cleaning, inspection and lubrication maintenance schedule according to prescribed procedures to ensure efficient machine performance.
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as required in order to ensure availability of accurate maintenance and consumption data.
- Apply EHS procedures and good housekeeping practices in order to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment.
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all Technical issues preventing the machines in his domain from achieving optimum performance.
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and of other team members and equipment specialists to achieve this aim.
- Have a high level of knowledge and hands-on skills in operating a range of utility equipment (pumps, generators, compressors, boiler).
- Perform RCAs of major failures in assigned utility plants
- Provide comprehensive daily report and update on all customers’ requests or complaints for the assigned plant or shift.
- Drive the right attitude throughout the department lead by example and display high level of responsibility
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of OND in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or related course
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with Utility Equipment (Power Generation, Air Compression, Steam Boilers, Water/Oil, Pumping Stations, Water Treatment, Vacuum Systems, HVAC Systems), of which at least two has been spent at an FMCG
- Sound knowledge in the assembly of intricate parts with allowable tolerance limits.
- Ability to read and apply mechanical drawings and schematics as it relates to machine parts.
- Ability to sketch mechanical designs
- Ability to draft spare parts and consumables list for equipment maintenance
- Basic Knowledge of Costing is required.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation.
See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.