Media Relations Officer
We are recruiting to fill the position of Media Relations Officer.
Who we are
TeamApt is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
We are looking for a skilled and experienced communications professional who combines creativity and business acumen in order to place TeamApt, our products and messaging in lifestyle and consumer-facing media outlets in Africa. In this role, you will work on developing and driving our PR & communications strategy, execute PR activations as well as various types of story hooks in order to generate a constant media buzz. The candidate needs to have a deep understanding of what makes different types of consumer-facing media tick and a natural drive to try new things in the field of lifestyle PR. In this role, you will work closely with other team members, global and regional marketing teams as well as communications teams to increase brand awareness and consideration in Africa region.
The TeamApt marketing and communications team is a driven, creative and passionate group of people focused on making TeamApt a global brand and loved by consumers and merchants. We are dedicated and enthusiastic professionals who love being part of the growth journey of one of the most exciting and fastest-growing companies in payments and retail right now.
What you’ll get to do
- Drive and maintain overall narrative and message framework for cohesive and integrated external communications programming via related channels, including media relations materials, corporate website, social media, etc.
- Initiate, create, and deliver earned media programming/stories that drive awareness and engagement linked to TeamApt’s business and brand strategy
- Proactively pitch stories positioning TeamApt and spokespeople as experts on identified topics and key related growth trends.
- Serve as communications subject matter expert with the ability to direct and manage media engagements proactively and reactively.
- Prepare spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements through media training as appropriate.
- Serve as a key media contact as appropriate, including during crises.
- Drive media relations efforts to support financial performance reporting and investor/analyst events and activities as needed
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with related industry and financial reporters
- Evaluate and prepare briefing documents related to interviews, external conferences and opportunities
- Leverage digital, social, and paid media to complement and enhance earned media efforts as appropriate.
- Manage external PR or external comms agency partners, including tracking budgets, reporting, and delivery of support to meet business goals.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, digital communications, journalism or related discipline required.
- Experience leading corporate communications or a PR agency. Global experience is required.
- Solid ability to build productive relationships and lead the development of communications strategies through interactions with internal and external partners.
- Strong writing & editing skills are a must, with a focus on quality control.
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills
- Experience working in a busy press office or PR within the financial services sector with a strong book of press contacts
- Have an understanding of how you can tell a story using data.
- Understand how to quantify and measure the value of PR, and show the rest of the company why it’s important too.
What we can offer you
- Culture – You’ll have an opportunity to work with talented people from different cultural backgrounds across Africa and other regions of the world.
- Learning – We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile on our career website.
TeamApt is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.
To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.