Website Co-creation Hub
Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
- Herbert Macaulay Way, 101245, Lagos, Nigeria
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide comprehensive management of the project monitoring and evaluation system for all relearn’s education programs and will be required to work closely with team and volunteers to coordinate data collection and monitoring efforts. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will design or adapt tools for data collection and will be responsible for implementing the monitoring and evaluation activities. Our preferred candidate is one who is both knowledgeable and passionate about education and technology, who also understands how to use technology to advance the learning process in educational institutions.
- Design and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system including baseline, mid-term, and final assessments.
- Develop a comprehensive reporting framework with provisions for rigorous impact assessment.
- Update the Performance Monitoring Plan and Performance Indicator Feedback sheets weekly.
- Develop or adapt data collection instruments and tools for all project activities;
- Establish soft copy/electronic filing system (database) for each indicator; follow up with staff to ensure they are captured appropriately.
- Train staff, instructors and volunteers on basic monitoring and evaluation principles and data collection.
- Aggregate and analyze project data weekly (for outputs), monthly (for outcomes) and at the end of the project (for results).
- Disseminate analyses and data reports to key stakeholders on staff and externally.
- Prepare information for quarterly and annual reports and the final project report;
- Facilitate data-sharing with EMIS data systems.
- Manage external research and evaluation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s level degree required, in social sciences, such as Statistics, Public Policy, Economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in Monitoring & evaluation.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the monitoring & evaluation of international development projects, preferably in education-related field; related experience can include strategic planning and performance measurement, indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies, database management, and impact evaluation (less experience can be combined with an advanced degree in Statistics, Public Policy, Economics or related field).
- Knowledge of reporting requirements would be an asset, including experience designing and implementing performance monitoring plans (PMPs), and rigorous impact evaluation design.
- Understanding of EMIS systems and databases/data collection.
- Experience measuring institutional capacity, preferably in the education sector
- Basic knowledge of education issues in Nigeria is a distinct asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Access and Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft) as well as other database and statistical applications (SPSS, SAS or STATA).
What we offer
- Paid time off
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.smartrecruiters.com.