Payment Operations Pay-In
About the role
Zepz works with 200+ (and a constantly increasing number of) payment partners globally to help us facilitate an excellent cross-border money transfer service. This is a fundamental aspect of our business as over 50,000 to 70,000 transactions flow through our networks each day. A key aspect of what the Payments team focuses on is helping to onboard and integrate new partners; and very importantly, identify and solve any customer issues / friction points in a scalable way.
Reporting to Zepz’s Head of Payments, you will be responsible for managing relationships with Zepz’s pay-in partner network (processors, acquirers, issuers), problem solving on pay-in performance issues, and supporting the company in pursuing new pay-in opportunities and optimization.
Your key areas of focus:
- Managing relationships with Zepz’s pay-in partner network (processors, acquirers, issuers), and supporting other teams – such as Finance, Fraud, Product, Engineering – across Zepz in problem solving with partners as-needed
- Identifying, investigating, and problem solving the most important pay-in performance issues – such as unexpected settlement times, processing delays, card save issues, unexpected technical issues
- Pursuing and supporting new pay-in opportunities and optimization – such as Account Funding Transaction (AFT) changes, improvements to payment methods, additional API services we’re not utilizing
What you bring to the table:
- You have experience performing regular data analysis and presenting your findings in a comprehensive, straightforward manner.
- You have a proven track record of creating and developing automated solutions and processes to improve efficiency.
- You have third-party relationship management experience, and a natural ability to build rapport with stakeholders/colleagues.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are comfortable + excited to work asynchronously + independently in a remote team environment. The broader Payments team and Zepz team spans a multitude of time zones, and we are not all online together at the same time. Your Manager (Head of Payments) is currently based in Washington, DC.
- You are a self-starter, take initiative, self-manage, and require little day-to-day direction to be successful.
- You are a world-class prioritizer – you can quickly take a long list of priorities and stack rank them based on what’s most important to do first, and why (using data to back up your prioritization). You are comfortable putting tasks on the back burner, so you can focus on the highest impact work.
- You are comfortable working in ambiguous, fast-paced, and quickly changing contexts.
- You don’t stop asking “why” until you understand the root cause of an issue. You develop solutions from first principles – “what is the best way to do this” rather than defaulting to what has been done before.
- You are results-driven and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done no matter the task.
- You are experienced and have demonstrated success in both making and managing necessary but potentially unpopular or uncomfortable decisions, such as re-orienting how your team has worked in the past or what they have owned in the past.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in the payments or broader fintech industry.
- Have experience working in a remote, fast-paced, nimble environment (e.g., startup, remote company).
- Have helped build and/or scale the operations of an organization or product/service.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.