Beacongate Consulting Limited is a one-stop business solution provider company that has been set up to assist SMEs to build their Internal capabilities through our HR bouquet services such as Recruitment, Training, Organization, Development and Coaching.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Photo Editor
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Photo Editor uses computer software to perform editing or retouching tasks on photographs or art. Their duties include using software to edit things like the tone, color, size, or composition of images.
- The Preferred candidate will work under a photographer or a client. Their job is to use artistic sense and computer software skills to generate a final product that suits the client and their needs.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Retouching photographs or sometimes videos to change the looks of a subject
- Basic “fixes”, like erasing pimples or making a rough complexion appear even
- More complex “fixes”, such as making a subject appear slimmer or even morphing two or more subjects seamlessly.
- Candidate input is required for a wide variety of activities, including:
- Using advanced computer imaging software to change or enhance the appearance of a photo or other digital image
- Using software to enhance images by correcting resolution and composition, cropping images and adjusting tone, color, saturation, and brightness.
- Adding or removing objects from an image or inserting text
- Sharpening images or blurring them slightly to draw focus to the subject
- Retouch all or most of a subject’s skin to give it a smoother or more youthful appearance
- Make a photograph subject appear slimmer. This may be required on certain parts of the face or body, such as the chin or legs, or it may be required on a subject’s entire body
- Remove a subject from an image and, using layers, superimpose them on a different background.
Other Responsibilities may include:
- Color correction, converting and color shifting of images
- Image retouching includes:
- Clean up original raw image content
- Building composite assets from multiple images
- Adjusting images for proper conversion for print or digital production
- Work with Asset Manager to catalog project finals.
Requirements and Skills
- Eye for art and composition
- Bachelor of Arts in Photography or a Bachelor of Fine Arts.
- 1 – 2 years of experience retouching print/digital images, preferably in the advertising/marketing industry
- Expert knowledge of most recent Adobe Creative Cloud Applications
- Experience in working with color management and 3D modeling software a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and take direction from Creative Team
- Must be familiar with server workflows.
- Attention to details.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.