Website Colour Elephant
We’re looking for a PHP Engineer focused on Laravel. As a Laravel developer on our team you’ll join 20+ other developers working on a close-knit team to deliver ambitious software projects to clients around the world. You can be working directly with clients (some of them well-known entrepreneurs or well-known big companies) or work on an internal team to deliver on projects end-to-end. You do so by working alongside your team of designs, QA and internal project managers in weekly sprints. This is a fully remote, permanent, full-time position.
👉 This is for you if…
1. You’re looking for a remote, long-term position
2. You have experience (2/3 years) in Laravel development at production-level;
4. You have hands-on experience with MySQL, Postgres;
5. You’ve got great technical communication skills: you can articulate your thoughts clearly;
6. Have a desire to develop new bold ideas, while constantly following best design and coding practices;
7. You have an understanding of logic, algorithms and the basics of engineering (regardless of your background);
8. You need to be curious;
9. Excellent knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services;
10. First hand production experience in designing, building and using APIs using REST / SOAP.
Note: You’ll see we never specify stuff like “Be a team player” or “Be dedicated” and stuff like that. That is a base requirement for any position these days, but just know we also like these things people usually ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude 😎
💪 This is even better if…
1. Experience with MongoDB;
2. Have developed large-scale Laravel projects before;
3. You’re able to work without micro-management and constant guidance, but rather can understand the high-level needs and the tasks needed and take it from there.
4. Experience with micro-services architectures;
5. You have a natural interest for Laravel and all things programming/tech — you don’t mind learning, you actually love learning.
6. You have experience in developing large-scale high-usage products that are well designed and resilient;
7. You’re able to stop, think for yourself and act.
👩🏻💻 What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible to work either directly with clients or with internal teams delivering the backend of real-world applications.
— Produce “clean” and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation (e.g. for APIs);
— Work on creating basic and advanced database architectures with Postgres and MySQL;
— Collaborate with others on translating needs into a database architecture;
— Create code that has great test coverage to avoid unnecessary issues in the future;
— Collaborate with the team in all phases of the development lifecycle, including the strategy and the architecture of the systems you will eventually build;
— Understand the goals and workflow of a product so you actually build backend technology aligned with the needs of that project and that can grow with it;
— Develop and keep API documentation and other backend documentation up-to-date;
— Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality;
— Follow Agile and SCRUM methodologies (where appropriate) to deliver projects on time;
— Stay informed about industry best practices;
— Provide on-time delivery of projects;
— Communicate with others, including project managers, on struggles and progress of each of the projects;
🤑 What is in for you?
– An unique challenge that allows you to work on great digital products, having an impact on its development;
– Insane levels of ownership, independence and responsibility;
– Competitive salary proposal for position and location;
– Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or… ) 🙂
– Bonuses for performance indicators we’d mutually agree;
– Be part of our profit-sharing program and take a slice of ColorElephant’s collective success;
– Flexible vacation/days off policy
– Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
– Yearly Bonuses Program
– Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return
– Continuous Training (both on site and online)
– Ability to work in complex projects of Fortune500 as well as small companies.
– Contribute with your suggestions and see your feedback and opinion impact products used by millions worldwide
– Be part of a growing team full of talent
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.