Website Jellyfish Pictures
Pipeline Developer (2D team)
About the job
Pipeline Developers are the engineers and problem solvers of the Digital World and so we are currently seeking a talented person to join our growing Team.
Working closely with the rest of the pipeline team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining departmental tools for use in animation, VFX and other such projects. You will be working with a wide range of people from around the world, 3D animators, riggers, modellers, lighters and compositors, editors and producers, improving upon our existing pipeline as well as liaising with the engineering and production teams in other areas of the company.
- Writing and modifying computer code to solve problems related to art or productivity as they arise on a project-by-project basis
- Develop department tools and processes to meet production needs
- Test and debug tools and processes to ensure stability and usability
- Ensure tools and processes meet the overall pipeline framework
- Work with the Head of Pipeline to prioritize production needs
- Update existing department tools and processes to established coding standards
- Educate artists on how to work with the pipeline and department tools
- Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production, R&D and IT
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties. The need for flexibility is required and the post holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Detailed-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
- Experience with version control, management and deployment tools
- Adaptable, Positive, can-do attitude;
- Ability to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure;
- Solid understanding of VFX production pipelines;
- Excellent problem-solver, communicator and team player;
- Willingness to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback;
- Relevant degree is not essential, but would be an advantage;
Experience in the following Software packages is Essential
- Shotgun or fTrack
Experience in the following Software package is a bonus
- Colour science – OCIO
- Packages (Hiero, Maya, Houdini)
- Shotgun Development and Shotgun Toolkit.
- C, C+, C#, Java, Mel, TCL or Visual Basic
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.