- As a Procurement officer, Source for bulk Suppliers of the different Agro-commodities (Paddy rice, cocoa, cashew, etc.) paying attention to specifications given by the buyers.
- Source and procure approved items at the lowest prices without compromising on quality.
- Develop a complete preferred supplier and alternate list based on approved criteria as set by management.
- Provide monthly reports and analysis of internal and external spending on purchases.
- Obtaining quotes from different suppliers and negotiating [price, quantity, and delivery schedules] with them to determine Company’s preferable contract terms or get better prices.
- Assessing quotes and compiling a detailed assessment of cost breakdowns.
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers and clients, to ensure the quality of the goods and delivery, as well as the terms of the contract are met.
- Maintain and update the supplier database and find alternative suppliers if the existing ones are unable to meet their obligations.
- Coordinate and carry out regular market surveys to ensure that items are procured at competitive prices and are in line with required specifications and quality.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare reports and updates as when required.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Review the quality of purchased products.
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Work within budget constraints.
- Other duties as advised by your supervisor
- Have a minimum of a National diploma
- Be willing to grow, pay attention to details, be committed, organized.
- Possess Negotiation Skills
- Possess good Communication Skills
- Have a strong network of farmers/ suppliers of various commodities
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in sourcing various commodities
To apply for this job please visit capitalsage.zohorecruit.com.