Decrypt is a rapidly growing media company for the Web 3 age, with a readership of five million across the globe. We develop both a website and mobile app for blockchain education and news, and aim to be a guide to the innovative projects, companies and concepts being built on blockchain and other decentralization technologies. Our manifesto.
Decrypt is backed by, but editorially independent from, ConsenSys, an international blockchain venture studio.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help us create the future of the Decrypt experience for web, mobile, and on-chain platforms.
You will be working on a team that is focused on creating novel platform experiences with media and blockchain technologies. This role is perfect for someone with a passion for digital media who wants to work on projects with large impact and new technologies. You will work collaboratively with your team on operational and technical projects. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision.
You’ll join our tight, remote product team and be surrounded by passionate people who are excited by the potential of blockchain and other decentralization technologies, and eager to spread their adoption. You’ll work with engineering, product, design, and editorial colleagues globally across time zones from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities. We are a remote first team, and have been since our inception.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record, demonstrable through their portfolio, in translating design objectives and emotion into static and dynamic design elements. Expertise with prototyping tools will be necessary to showcase your designs that can be implemented into Decrypt products and marketing medium.
- Translate brand voice, tailored for specific audience, into design elements
- Create interaction designs and create prototypes in your design tool of choice – we use Figma, Avocode, and Zeplin interchangeably.
- Conduct structured assessments of UX choices for a specific design goal
- Create design deliverables in support of product, brand, and marketing teams
- Translate brand and product objectives into inspiring ideas and collaboratively iterate with constructive feedback from stakeholders to solidify visual systems with attention to detail
- Create and maintain and structured system to enable easy collaboration while maintaining version control and easy content access by the team members
- Produce clear specs and guidelines that advance our design system and help maintain its consistency
- Create graphics, dynamic animations, style guides, and medium complexity videos in support of marketing efforts for digital and print mediums
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 4+ years of visual design experience in a product and/or marketing setting
- Proficient visual designer and storyteller. You aspire to develop work that is of the highest quality
- Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative user experience and customer development research
- Experience conducting User Experience research with target groups and applying finding to design and product specifications
- Experience creating and maintaining consistent design language and design system for brands and products
- Self-directed, solution-oriented, and ability to work autonomously
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (E.g. Figma, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision…)
Bonus Points for:
- Working in a startup environment building cutting-edge products
- A degree in design theory or computer science
- Experience in Dapp and Web 3 product design
- A passion for creating products that enable the creator economy, crypto media, and other media product experiences
- General knowledge in blockchain/cryptocurrency
- Experience working remotely or with otherwise asynchronous teams
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
To apply for this job, click here --> decrypt.co.